• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL cancelling CHQ flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, on Thursday I waited for almost 35 minutes for my spot because one of YOUR XR's had the APU deferred and they could not get the air start cart to work.

I never take delays at outstation (when I do it's usually because I'm working the numbers to squeeze one of YOUR commuters on the jumpseat). Keep in mind also that you guys have a whole lot more flights out of IAH than we do. Most of YOURS are on jetways while ALL of ours are on the pad. You are not exactly comparing apples to apples here. Also keep in mind that a good portion of our flights are IOE with new crew members, that adds a few minutes by itself.

I'm not trying to start a pissing contest with you guys since 99% of your crews are great people who I will continue to work the numbers to get on my jumpseat just like you have been doing for me. But (much like us) you have your 1% that just don't get it and never will. It is not the crews who are causing the delays, I would break it down as follows: 70% Boarding/Station, 20% late arriving aircraft, 5% MTX, 5% crew delays (this includes Scheduling not having anyone to work the flight).

Look the reason why i put the disclaimer out there was to make sure this was a discussion not me jabbing at CHQ crews. I firmly believe the problems that yall have been are solely to blame on Mgmt for not giving you the resources to make it happen. some guys get all bent out of shape about nothing. Bottom line you guys are busting your humps just like us. This was all Momma CALs cluster Fork in the first place. Safe Flying.

Its now "The Kitty-Stands", not the hardstands...read your notams.

I did see this notam..."kitty stands" was typed over in boldface and now reads "THE CAT BOX".

Oh...my favorite was the Reserve Capt...sent to fly the CRJ..... A noble gesture on schedulings behalf...to bad he was typed rated on the ERJ instead!!!!

I laughed until it hurt....poor guy was arguing on the this is a CRJ!!!!! I have a type for the ERJ...WTF!!!! Gawd Damn that was funny!!!!

It isn't true. It has been kind of a rough start, but we are too cost effective to drop, plus the numbers are looking ok now (still not great). Completion is over 97% and while ontime still sucks, its due to late bording on the hard stand in IAH most of the time. I just did a four day and we were always ontime in outstations, frequently late in IAH and when we were it was always because the last buss of pax arrived at or <5min prior to departure. (despite calling for them >30 prior.)
BTW, I think the contract is amendable after 24 months...so the earliest it could happen is early 09.

You are too cost-effective????? What are you smoking?!?! CAL has supposedly spend over $40 million EXTRA on Chautauqua so far...in 2.5 months! Meanwhile, XJT has many benefits which actually probably make us more cost-effective - excellent maintenance department, our own paint shop, modifying our aircraft to increase max. weights, XR's, etc. The differences between the two companies are night and day...

Look the reason why i put the disclaimer out there was to make sure this was a discussion not me jabbing at CHQ crews. I firmly believe the problems that yall have been are solely to blame on Mgmt for not giving you the resources to make it happen. some guys get all bent out of shape about nothing. Bottom line you guys are busting your humps just like us. This was all Momma CALs cluster Fork in the first place. Safe Flying.

I didn't take it that way. I guess my tone was mistaken. I have been nothing but impressed with the XJT crews and gate agents (the rampers are a different story).

No hard feelings here!

I didn't take it that way. I guess my tone was mistaken. I have been nothing but impressed with the XJT crews and gate agents (the rampers are a different story).

No hard feelings here!

Neither here. In fact i had lunch with one of you guys not that long ago. also to clarify all the Alot of the Agents our XJT employees but at The Hubs they are all CAL. Some of the out stations still have cal agents but not that many. Cya around

You are too cost-effective????? What are you smoking?!?! CAL has supposedly spend over $40 million EXTRA on Chautauqua so far...in 2.5 months! Meanwhile, XJT has many benefits which actually probably make us more cost-effective - excellent maintenance department, our own paint shop, modifying our aircraft to increase max. weights, XR's, etc. The differences between the two companies are night and day...

Huge props on spelling it right!!! That is normally how you can tell if someone works for CHQ.

The bottom line is CO chose CHQ to do this flying for some reason, a backstabbing or manipulative reason most likely. They KNEW CHQ would cost a ton during start up. CHQ to my understanding has pretty good MX. Their paint jobs? Not that great.

The main reason CHQ is having trouble with this CO bs is:

1) The company is understaffed in every way, making easy tasks difficult.
2) Operating out of the Bravo Hardstands at IAH is no good.
3) The rampers and gate agents at IAH have the intelligence of a 3rd grader, and they walk around like they are on sleeping pills.
4) The CRJ-200 was an extremely poor choice of airplane for the routes given to them.
5) In the CRJ you can't close the door and pop the break on time and hand out the paperwork out the window 1 min. later

Both CHQ and ExpressJet have a fantastic pilot group. I have had nothing but good things to say about anyone I have met at either company. This crappy regional vs. crappy regional stuff must stop. Lets just all smile and get along. After all, MGMT is responsible for all of this mess. The crews just show up and do their job the best they can.

This crappy regional vs. crappy regional stuff must stop. Lets just all smile and get along. After all, MGMT is responsible for all of this mess. The crews just show up and do their job the best they can.[/quote]

I agree it's mgt fault, the entire IAH operation is run by CAL. But I disagree about crappy regional vs crappy regional. I'm not going into "us vs. you" argument, but I am very proud of my company for many reasons, and would never call it crappy. For whatever it is worth XJT is an outstanding airline to work for with better work rules and better employee/mgt relations than most/any legacy carriers. This is a company that many are choosing to make a career with, and it's obviously not about the size of the planes we fly.

This crappy regional vs. crappy regional stuff must stop.

THIS will, but with Eagle on our junk in RDU and now Horizon in BOI and GEG we'll see these threads morph into something new.

Horizon pilot: We serve the finest micro-brews the Pacific Nothwest produces...for free.

Expressjet pilot: Yeah, we'll our Coors only costs a buck and you get ther whole can!

Eagle pilot: Our passengers are earing valueable miles on American.

ExpressJet pilot: Well we don't charge for a pillow or a blanket!

Let the fun begin :puke:

Latest resources

Back