Cactus, anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Frac Daddy

It's been quiet on the America West front. Are they still interviewing? Oh, and what are the flight benfits like there?

Interviewing is continuing as fast as they can handle for the forseeable future. Unfortunately they can only train 10-20 per month. They need another Airbus sim so there's talk about possible off-site use of one.

Flight benefits are great. Unlimited free pass travel for you and your spouse/parents/children. Pilots can use the flight attendant jumpseat as well (though priority goes to FAs). Pax get easy first-class upgrades so plan to be sitting in steerage or the cockpit.

(AWA) Dude

TWA Dude said:
Interviewing is continuing as fast as they can handle for the forseeable future. Unfortunately they can only train 10-20 per month. They need another Airbus sim so there's talk about possible off-site use of one.

Flight benefits are great. Unlimited free pass travel for you and your spouse/parents/children. Pilots can use the flight attendant jumpseat as well (though priority goes to FAs). Pax get easy first-class upgrades so plan to be sitting in steerage or the cockpit.

(AWA) Dude
TWA Dude -

I know they used to use an Airbus SIM in MIA. Are they still doing that?

Also, do the pilots still have to go through that door operations training through inflight to use the extra FA jumpseat?

The flight bennies are pretty good. You also get buddy passes which are given out 4 times a year. You get either 4 or 6 for just being an employee and I think 8 if you have perfect attendance. Your person has to pay for them, but the rates are not that bad. I think it is something like $40 to go PHX to LAX or like $182 to go PHX to JFK. Sometimes the fares are better to pay full price and be guaranteed a seat. I only got bumped 2 times in 15 years, but I just made sure I traveled only when other people didn't.

Kathy

Resume Writer said:
I know they used to use an Airbus SIM in MIA. Are they still doing that?
Today all we're using are our three sims in PHX (one of which breaks down a lot).
Also, do the pilots still have to go through that door operations training through inflight to use the extra FA jumpseat?
Yes.

Are they still way backed-up with apps? I had a friend hand-carry my resume in March, still haven't heard a word.

Apps are sent out in batches every couple of months, near as I can tell. Having your contact speak directly to Tammy or Tracy seems to speed things up. Good luck.

(AWA) Dude

Yes we are still backed up on the resume's and getting out applications. There are only so many people in recruiting and even less hours in a day to get it all done. We are short staffed on pilots right now so hiring should continue.

Kathy, we are approved to use the sims in MIA, DEN and France but haven't been doing so lately. I think we may start in the near future though.

WD.

Three questions:

1. What are the odds that a newhire will get Airbus vs. 737/757?

2. Is AWA still experiencing attrition to Jet Blue and SWA or has that mellowed?

3. What about the rumor that AWA will pick up some 757-300s soon?

On Your Six said:
Three questions:

1. What are the odds that a newhire will get Airbus vs. 737/757?

2. Is AWA still experiencing attrition to Jet Blue and SWA or has that mellowed?

3. What about the rumor that AWA will pick up some 757-300s soon?

Lets see,

1. very high!!! The 73 fleet is going thru a reduction due to the removal of the 200's and the 75 fleet TODAY!! is thin but hopefully will get better should we aquire more of them.

2. I think that has mellowed but I really couldn't be sure.

3. We have heard the same thing on line but my philosophy is and has always been "it's all rumor until you see it on the property"!!!!!!!!!!

WD.

Resumes

Can someone tell me where to send resume and how to obtain an application? Thanks in advance.

Latest resources

Back