Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: How Quickly We Forget

CCDiscoB said:
Come on guys, Vietnam?! Just because of public opinion?
Why is everyone so dismayed by the idea of a leader taking "public opinion" into consideration? Isn't the job of the President to listen to the public? The word "democracy" comes to mind...

If George II goes to war, and if we lose any significant number of troops, and if Saddam responds by burning his oil wells and regular gas goes to $2.15 a gallon, there will be no second term for Bush. Period.

To paraphrase Herman Wouk, Bush's juggling dynamite and giggling happily. He's starting to scare me with this Iraq obsession. I wish he'd put this much energy into N. Korea and Al Queda. Dick Cheney and Colin Powell have got to be embarassed playing second banana to this imbecile.

(I recently flew with a F/O who happens to be British. He asked me if we Americans weren't concerned by the conflict of interest associated with having a president who is an "oil man.")

Re: How Quickly We Forget

CCDiscoB said:
Come on guys, Vietnam?! Just because of public opinion?
Public opinion? How 'bout world opinion? Most of the UN Security Council is saying "whoa, big fella", while Bush is yelling "CHARGE!!!" Typhoon1244 is right: Bush is a man obsessed. And that scares me, too.

Presuming we're successful in taking out Saddam, it won't be an in-and-out operation by any means. The military--mostly the Marines (who will be the lead service this time around, as a payback for serving as the decoys last time) and the Army--will be in-country for 18 months at a MINIMUM as a puppet government is established. In case you've missed this point, we're still an army of occupation in Afghanistan and will continue to be for the forseeable future.

By the way: who's paying for this? Oh, that's right--we are.

As for Clinton doing nothing about terrorism, I guess you forget the cruise missile attacks he ordered. They missed bin Laden by only a couple hours.

(I recently flew with a F/O who happens to be British. He asked me if we Americans weren't concerned by the conflict of interest associated with having a president who is an "oil man.")

Don't look at me. I, and the majority of Americans, didn't vote for him. I truly hope that this great country can emerge from the reign of G.W. intact.

Interesting conspiracy theory I heard recently. Could 9/11 have been a direct retaliatory attack by Hussein against the Bush family? Would any of us even be living in this nightmare if George and Jeb wouldn't have railroaded the last election?

DoinTime said:
Could 9/11 have been a direct retaliatory attack by Hussein against the Bush family?
Interesting...but I doubt it. The goal of the 9/11 hijackers was to kill as many Americans as possible. Making us look like a weak nation was icing on the cake.

Do you suppose Al Queda knew in advance that we'd react to a catastrophic attack by strip-searching our children and grandmothers?

The goal of the 9/11 hijackers was to kill as many Americans as possible

????

Were you one of the hijackers?

DoinTime said:
Could 9/11 have been a direct retaliatory attack by Hussein against the Bush family?

There's more evidence emerging that Iraq may have had something to do with 9/11. The Bush Administration's fervor could suggest that they have evidence of this, but they don't want to reveal it (to keep from exposing assets inside Iraq).

This would raise another question. If that turns out to be the case, then Iraq would have attacked the US mainland with weapons of mass destruction, justifying under international law, a retaliatory nuclear strike against Iraq.

Maybe we'll be continuing to act with considerable restraint if we just go in and remove Saddam from power!

Greetings!

The Arab states in the region don't want a war because, in an effort to detract criticism of their own dictatorial rule, they have fostered fantastic levels of anti-American hatred amongst their people.

Now, if America attacks a fellow Arab state, they will take to the streets and revolt, these Arab governments fear. This is what they mean when the claim that a US war on Iraq will be a "destablilizing" event in the Middle East.

I am of the opinion that a "stable" Middle East got us September 11th, so any change will be better than the current system.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am SICK AND TIRED of everyone jumping on the BASH BUSH BANDWAGON!

It's always easier to criticize and demean than to stand an uncommon ground and be proud.

I'll add my two cents... I'm proud of my country and where it's going. I'm proud of my President and I believe he is doing a REMARKABLE job. I find it refreshing to have a president not afraid to stand up for what he believes in and for the morals of the country. Something I must say our last president didn't even know the definition of....along with the word 'IS'. Give me a break!

To everyone that feels it is necessary to bash our commander-in-chief:

You try to do a better job!!

I can't believe this BULLS***!

1st- Before you read any further I would like to warn all the pussies and cry baby bastards that this post is going to be nasty and upset many readers. I say this because I'm really not interested in reading replies that will continue to bash our nation or the bush administration!

2nd- Where in the fuc# do you people get off saying that this administration or our president is going about this all wrong! I haven’t heard 1 compelling argument to justify where most of these claims are coming from. WTF do you people expect! Think about what you are saying! 9/11 was terrible and will be a day to always remember but.....Lets think about the possibility of a 1000mt nuke going off in Downtown NYC and then I would like to cram all your lame ass excuses of why this administration is wrong straight up your asses! All I can say is there are a lot of fuc$ed up Americans that are either blind or really fuc$ing stupid! I say lets just lie down and let these sand rats **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** us up the ass. Bullsh*t this will never happen.

3rd- Really think about this whole situation. Lets play make believe here for a minute. Let’s say S.H. and the Iraq government had nothing to do with 9/11. Does this still mean we allow this fuc*ing bastard to get away with repeated U.N. violations. HELL NO! I really could care less about what S.H. has done or will do his time is about up and that’s all there is to it. Remember late 80's when S.H. used chemical weapons against his own people and did this with no remorse. He is a sick asshole who needs to move down the block or straight to hell.

4th- Also you better get prepared baby because we going to war. Oh yes. They don't just put I.T.'s (Like my sister) on aircraft carriers and say ok lets go for a boat ride to the Middle East. Oh yea almost forgot. If your from Texas checkout what going on at bases like Ft. Hood. Constant railheads being filled with military vehicles being prepared to ship to the gulf. Think about dumbasses.

5th- I say we stand with our nation not against it. Hell I'm really thinking about leaving college to help with the cause. This is serious **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** here so don’t be blind.

6th- Like many other posts I would like to inform any assholes from even trying to contest this post. I think it would be a real mistake on your part. Just STFU and live with the facts!

7th- Furthermore I love this ostrich mentality of sticking our heads in the sand and hope the big bad wolf passes us by!

PilotV said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am SICK AND TIRED of everyone jumping on the BASH BUSH BANDWAGON!

It's always easier to criticize and demean than to stand an uncommon ground and be proud.
It's also easier to be a mindless sheep than to think for yourself--but hey, whatever works for ya, bro.

PilotV said:
I'll add my two cents... I'm proud of my country and where it's going.
Yeah? How's your stock portfolio doing? Since you clearly haven't noticed, the country's economy is going down the sh!tter. Economic power--not "good ol' fay-shuned val-yuhs"--is what makes us the strongest nation in the world today; when that erodes, so does our nation's strength.

I'm proud of my President and I believe he is doing a REMARKABLE job.
A point also raised in David Frum's book; he may be your president, but he's not mine--remember, the majority of American voters VOTED FOR GORE. The only remarkable thing about his presidency is that he's proven one can indeed fool most of the people, most of the time!

I find it refreshing to have a president not afraid to stand up for what he believes in and for the morals of the country. Something I must say our last president didn't even know the definition of....along with the word 'IS'. Give me a break!
What he believes in?! This president believes in one thing and one thing only: MONEY. Stand for the morals of the country?! He doesn't stand for my morals--in fact, his preachy born-again bible thumping sickens me. Again, he represents the minority interest--most Americans voted for GORE, remember? In the same stroke of his pen, he'd take away both a woman's right to an abortion and her means to take care of a child she didn't want and wasn't prepared to support--and put the savings in the pockets of the people who ride around in private jets because rubbing elbows with the unwashed masses in first class on the airlines is simply too lowbrow for them.

And morph--stay in school; you clearly need the education more than you realize. Take an anger management class while you're at it.

Latest resources

Back