Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
still crying over the recount???

"he may be your president, but he's not mine" -VFR-on-top

What color is the the sky in your world? Did the Germans win WWII? Who won "your" 1984 presidential election? Are the Detroit Lions the reigning Superbowl Champs in "your world"? Did your Ute men's BBall team actually beat Kentucky and win "your" National Title?

Who is sitting in the Oval office right now? I'll give you a hint, its not Gore. Accept reality, VFR in-the-fog.

Last edited:
morph and sidesaddle--

You're both wasting your time. The people against whom you're arguing are as blind as a newborn opossum. Our country has officially and successfully been Oprahfied, or if you prefer another term, pussified.

Anyone who argues the "majority vote" factor in the last election bears no credibility in my book. We all know who received the most votes, and most of us are educated enough to understand the electoral college and why it is set up to work the way it did.

Save your breath. They have already forgotten why we're doing this. Perhaps if one of their wife or kids had been in the towers, or a plane or the Pentagon that day, they'd think differently.

Re: I can't believe this BULLS***!

Originally posted by morph
Like many other posts I would like to inform any assholes from even trying to contest this post. I think it would be a real mistake on your part. Just STFU and live with the facts!
Are you actually saying "don't argue with me because I'm right?" It was Friday night...how much had you had to drink before you posted this.

You want facts? Here're some facts:

(1) Bush's obsession with Saddam is distracting him from the larger threat. Iraq may or may not have a nuclear capability, but North Korea definitely does! All these troops, tanks, aircraft carriers, etc. should be headed west, not east.

(2) Loving your country does not...I repeat does not mean following the President blindly! If you can't understand that simple fact, you've got no business discussing such matters in an open forum. Furthermore, if someone believes the President is wrong, that doesn't mean that person goes around spitting on soldiers in airports. "Anti-war" is not the same as "anti-serviceman." I was a soldier once...must of us were anti-war. We just didn't organize marches.

(3) If Bush spent even half as much time and effort on the "War on Terror" as he has on Saddam, we might not have to worry about another 9/11. Regardless of who gave them the bomb, Al Queda would have a heck of a time nuking the Superbowl (or whatever) if they couldn't get the bomb in the country. We're sending most of our military to Iraq while our borders are leaking like sieve!

Bush basically told as at the outset of the "war" that most of it would be conducted in secret; that way, the public will never know when the government is screwing up or, worse, doing nothing at all to protect us from terrorism. (Do some reading about the TSA to find out how effective the "War on Terror" has been.) As much as I can't stand the French, they've been putting Al Queda operatives away almost every day. When was the last time we heard about the FBI doing anything other than chasing their own tails?
Originally posted by morph
All I can say is there are a lot of fuc$ed up Americans that are either blind or really fuc$ing stupid!
Yes...and thank you for demonstrating that fact so plainly.

Last edited:
Three US Administrations, over 11 years, have tried various diplomatic and military solutions in Iraq.

None have worked.

The 11-year "rush to war" continues.

ignorance1

vfr-YOU SIR ARE TRUELY OUT OF TOUCH!

Maybe if any of you people that really think the US is on the wrong road, you need to take a reality pill. You need to visit these very same countries and see the oppression. I have been to many of them. I think that all of the flag burners in this country should be sentenced to live in these countries for just one week to see just how bad our country is-Not! You could be killed in Iraq for writing the things you have written on this board if it were against SH. The truth is that we do have intel that can not be disclosed at this time for reasons above. Bush is also using a very well concieved scare tactic, but you all ready knew that didn't you. This economy was in the tank well before Bush took office. The problems we face are from eight years of moronic public opinion leadership.

The thing that makes me so pissed about the Bush bashers of this country are no matter what happens if it is bad, it is Bush's fault. Period. These same individuals that are complaining about war with Iraq are the EXACT same people that will BLAME Bush for not doing enough when NYC or LAX gets nuked.

Additionally, the problem with Korea is a very different one. We essentially have to go through China to get to North Korea. If China gives us the go ahead, then it is all over. Any of you morons (Bush bashers) know why we have 40,000+ troops stationed in south Korea? Ya, I thought so!

Last edited:
A ONE month war?

...repeat...a ONE month war?

DO you people EVER think of retaliation? Why do you think 9/11 happened? American foreign policy. Why do you think the middle easter conflict has been raging for 50 years? American foreign policy...why do you think Europe is about to go to war with Iraq? American foreign policy.

Why do you think Terrorism is going to devestate America and Britain and many other western countries once this war is begun?

American foreign policy.

Who's behind the american foreign policy?

only one person

Archer

Archer, you're still in college, so you can be forgiven for being a little naiive.

Don't you think that if terrorist groups had the capacity to launch additional attacks, they already would have? They've been trying to as hard as they can since 9/11, but trouble is, they continue to deal with an acute staffing shortage, as well as interruption to their communication, funding, and supply. Nothing will change when we take Saddam out, except that one of the terrorists' sources for weapons, training, and money will be removed.

I think one month is realistic to complete the removal of Saddam. I doubt if more than the top 1% of the Iraqi people actually support him. The rest do simply because they will be shot if they don't. Most of his military leadership has been contacted directly by the US, and realize that when the shooting starts, they can either stand down, or they can go down with Saddam.

As for blaming GWB for poor foreign policy, he's only picking up the pieces. Who was it who's eight years of risk-adverse, poll-driven inaction allowed terrorist groups to train and grow undisturbed around the world?

Nice one Morph!

Oh man, I almost fell for that one hook, line and sinker but your 7th point gave you away.

Very clever:cool:

Middle East

Archer,

If you look at your history, I belive you will find that people in the Middle East have been fighting for slightly longer than Bush has been in office, even longer than 50 yrs, and actually a little longer than the USA has been in existence, like by thousands of years.

;)

Ok guys,

I'm gonna put my foot in this one a bit.

I find it interesting that those against the upcoming war think that those of us for it, and our president ,call us sheep.

God forbid an American stand up to a principle and stick to it like Bush, and those citizens who stand behind him.

The President is making strong statements, not because he is obsessed, but because Saddam H. needs to know that he is serious about what he says, hence massive troop movements. Words are not enough in this day. It's called standing up for America, even if lives are lost, it is well worth it.

Dont forget 911, EVER!

One day you college kids will grow up and start thinking for yourself, rather than listening to your liberal proffesors debate the issue in class.

How do I know this? Because I talked the same way as some of you on this board who are against this war. Then I grew up.

Ok, you say your not in college anymore? Then wise up.

Why can't you liberals see through the Tom Daschels and Dick G's? Have you not noticed that they argue the same BS all the time, yet do nothing to fix it?

Example: Democrats say Republicans are racist, yet when the time came for a new minority leader of the Senate, you did not see any black nominations, at a perfect time when T. Lott was sticking his foot in the mouth and made an issue.

I could go on with examples but that is not the issue here.

My final point is, you folks who are against war with Iraq, only cry about how bad things are, but have ZERO solutions(Democrat).

Bush has a solution, and it is to rid the world of Evil like Saddam, and Osama, and North Korea's "leader".

Evil: those who starve there people, murder there people, and fly planes into buildings, tie bombs to teenagers and tell them they will be with god if they commit suicide.

Wake up folks!

Those of you who served this country in the military, THANK YOU!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back