• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Big Announcement" about ATL hub for ASA tomorrow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can only assume it's bad news. Good news just doesn't happen to ASA pilots.

I'm not being pessimistic, either, just realistic. In the last 4 years or so, name one bit of good news for our pilot group? I can't either.

Um....that one thing, lets see.....no wait, I got it!!! Nope. Your right, I got nothing!

I can only assume it's bad news. Good news just doesn't happen to ASA pilots.

I'm not being pessimistic, either, just realistic. In the last 4 years or so, name one bit of good news for our pilot group? I can't either.

Well, let's see....

-"We're getting the Frontier flying" ahhhh...
-"We're getting 900s" hmmm...
-"We're opening a Salt Lake base" well...
-"We're opening an LA base" or not...

Yeah, doesn't look particularly good.

Didn't they have some standard "State of the Company" type meeting scheduled anyway? I thought this was the third and last of a series of meetings that they have every year about this time.

I think the news has been so consistently bad at ASA that we are all a little paraniod. I worry about the 40 CRJ200's that are still on Delta's books and could be dumped before the bankruptcy exit.

The ramp has actually improved and the schedules, although brutal, are efficient for the company. Add in the new hires and the turnover amongst the senior pilots finding work elsewhere the cost of longevity must also be going down.

The announcement might also be a "take it or leave it" contract proposal. Comair's deal shifted the ground where both parties had drawn lines in the sand.

With the incredible instability at our level of this industry, anything is possible.

Last edited:
....and we have lots of opportunities to bid for flying outside of Delta!

Latest resources

Back