"Big Announcement" about ATL hub for ASA tomorrow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guesses as to what it might be:

1) Bryan is leaving to "pursue other opportunities" (likely)
2) Skywest and ASA are merging into one company (not very likely)
3) ASA was awarded a bunch of flying from the DAL RFP (extremely unlikely)
4) We're getting Q-400s (maybe)
5) We're all out of a job (after all, we find it's better to fire people on Friday... less chance of an incident)

I don't thing #5 is that big of a concern. They can't just shut us down overnight, and it would be stupid to tell us ahead of time, as they wouldn't have anybody to staff the operation as it slowly dies. Personally, I'm leaning heavily towards #1. However, I'll happily give 10 to 1 odds for #2, 5 to 1 odds for #4, and for all you real gamblers out there, 1000 to 1 odds for #3.

Interesting that the flyers, apparently went up tonight after the close of business. I didn't see any of them at 6 PM. Are the flyers/meetings targeted mainly to the pilots, or is this an "all hands on deck" type of meeting?

Last edited:
I heard that Skywest is opening a base in ATL and that their mailboxes will be placed in whats left of our leather chair sleep room. (along with a photo of Chuck Norris performing a roundhouse kick to the head of B.L.)

Good news seems to come in the form of a press release. Bad news seems to come in the form of:

"we are holding 3 meetings at 8AM, 10AM, and 2PM in the C concourse training room and will be available to answer any questions at that time"

I don't see this being good news

That's exactly how Dallas was closed

That's not how LAX was closed though. Never held any meetings that I'm aware of, just the ourASA memo and email. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

we can now see ASA employees on our company website in the directory. maybe RR stepped down to become the new Pres. COO of the newly combined airlines?

Guesses as to what it might be:

1) Bryan is leaving to "pursue other opportunities" (likely)
2) Skywest and ASA are merging into one company (not very likely)
3) ASA was awarded a bunch of flying from the DAL RFP (extremely unlikely)
4) We're getting Q-400s (maybe)
5) We're all out of a job (after all, we find it's better to fire people on Friday... less chance of an incident)

I don't thing #5 is that big of a concern. They can't just shut us down overnight, and it would be stupid to tell us ahead of time, as they wouldn't have anybody to staff the operation as it slowly dies. Personally, I'm leaning heavily towards #1. However, I'll happily give 10 to 1 odds for #2, 5 to 1 odds for #4, and for all you real gamblers out there, 1000 to 1 odds for #3.

Interesting that the flyers, apparently went up tonight after the close of business. I didn't see any of them at 6 PM. Are the flyers/meetings targeted mainly to the pilots, or is this an "all hands on deck" type of meeting?

ok. gimme $100 on #3 and $500 on #4 but change it to ATRs.

but I don't think any of those things are whats up. Just a hunch.

Latest resources

Back