• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Corporate Flight Departments

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What does one need to do to get names of the best companies to fly for. The reason I ask is I have an in at a very well known flight department and want to see if the name comes up. I do appreciated all the candid remarks but should I just say... If you had the chance to pick one flight department to work for whom would it be?

Flight Departments can be "Well-Known" for a variety of adjectives. If I was in your shoes and this department is known for being good to their employees with schedule, pay and benefits on par with the equipment, i'd just continue to network and see where it takes you. Don't worry so much about what pilots think, we're wrong about career choices most of the time anyway:D

... If you had the chance to pick one flight department to work for whom would it be?
Like I said before: :D
That would be where I work, which, like most really good flying jobs, has never been heard of, will never have an advertised opening, and has an insanely low turnover.

Instead of having us name every great operator why don't you share the name of the department you have an "in" at and we can tell you what we have heard about it. This would be a much easier and more direct way for you to get the info you are after.
What he said^^^

If you see them profiled in Pro Pilot magazine, the job probably sucks....

"...the lear 35 has fully berth-able seats, so the crew can sleep on board...."

Tell me that wasn't really in an article. The last one I saw with the dogs on cover had me cringing...

Oh yes, after a trip to EGGW from the midwest, the crew can relax and sleep on board, thus being ready to make the return trip...Was a classic pro pilot issue. There was even a "clarification" the next month but I don't think anyone bought that load of trip.

Another good one was the hawker operator with the "corporate pilot's corporate pilot" as captain, pulling up in his corvette, one classy geezer.

Instead of having us name every great operator why don't you share the name of the department you have an "in" at and we can tell you what we have heard about it. This would be a much easier and more direct way for you to get the info you are after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because I prefer to keep that private. I guess Im asking too much to expect one to just say"If I had my choice of flight departments to work for my list would be".... . Doesnt seem that difficult for a group of guys with your experience. Maybe just too much to ask .

Because I prefer to keep that private. I guess Im asking too much to expect one to just say"If I had my choice of flight departments to work for my list would be".... . Doesnt seem that difficult for a group of guys with your experience. Maybe just too much to ask .

God forbid your name got out because with an attitude like that you'll be quickly blacklisted and left to fly Lear 35's to EGGW and sleep in the plane but expected to have outstanding mental acuity in "the morning" even though your body says hell no. Holy run on sentence.
You've asked a question that isn't cut and dry. And if there was a sweet gig out there, no one is going to blab it on a public forum for some snarky wonderboy to waltz in and take it.
I can tell you who I think sounds interesting and has great retirement(or so people say) but I'm not into their mission and there's no way in hell I'm leaving here to try it out.

Last edited:
Oh yes, after a trip to EGGW from the midwest, the crew can relax and sleep on board, thus being ready to make the return trip...Was a classic pro pilot issue. There was even a "clarification" the next month but I don't think anyone bought that load of trip.

Another good one was the hawker operator with the "corporate pilot's corporate pilot" as captain, pulling up in his corvette, one classy geezer.

Wow. Guess I'm not a corporate pilot's corporate pilot. I think the OP would have had far better results asking for names of the worst places to work.

EDIT: previous poster beat me to it....

Last edited:
Wow. Guess I'm not a corporate pilot's corporate pilot. I think the OP would have had far better results asking for names of the worst places to work.

Ha! I hope nobody turns into that guy, except I think G200 already is that guy....

Latest resources

Back