Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rchcfi

How slow can you go
Just curious what some of you have put together to make a meal.

Tonight I forgot to run by the store so I was relegated to what was left in the cupboard. So here is what I made (sounded nasty, but it wasn't too bad)

I started with cooking some Del Monte canned peas with salt and minced garlic. Then I found a can of chunk light tuna and mixed it in a bowl with some almost expired Fat free Ceasar dreasing and pepper. Then I mixed them all together to make this goulashish conconction, but it wasn't all that bad.

And yours?

I thought all you bachelors liked them there Poonanai sandwhiches, like all us married guys eat?

On my way home from a voiceover meeting in Philly, I stopped at a convenience store (a "wawa" store, it's a chain) and picked up a "wrap" sandwich, "Southwestern Turkey." It sounds like a geography lesson, but it is not bad.

Back in college living in DAB over on beachside (all you Riddlites will remember this fine part of town), I used to mix ramen "beef" noodles with canned corn and a leftover McD's hambuger patty for texture. Throw in a piece of stale wonder bread and viola...........oh the good life.

Timebuilder said:
On my way home from a voiceover meeting in Philly, I stopped at a convenience store (a "wawa" store, it's a chain) and picked up a "wrap" sandwich, "Southwestern Turkey." It sounds like a geography lesson, but it is not bad.

Life has never been as good as when Wawa first started their computer ordering. It's like Subway, expect better hoagies and without the human interaction (I get enough of that at work).

Also to JB74: Nothing was better than Larry's Giant Subs!!!!:D

Fellas i don't wanna sound like i'm braggin or anything, but the best meal i ever ate, (sense the sarcasm?) (and i did this for a week) two eggs every morning, and kielbasa for dinner every night. wash that all down with some bud light, and you're livin' "high on the hog"

minus the beer, i got a dozen eggs, the kielbasa was buy one get one so i bought 2 and got 4, and a galon of milk, i was able to keep myself fed and watered, for less than $7 for a week...

oh rchcfi, i'm not doubting the taste factor there, but how long did it take till you were glued to the pot with violent bowel movements?:eek:

mrvmo said:
Beaver, cooked any way and some Budweiser.

10am EST, and i'm already starting to salivate...:D

Starving CFI Menu

1. Do whatever it takes to get a Sam's Club, or Costco membership.

2. Get the biggest tub possible of minced garlic. If all else fails, it'll taste like garlic- not too bad if you ask me.

3. My absolute all-time favorite is Rd Beans, rice, and Tabasco sauce (other suitable Louisiana Hot, if you prefer).

4. Cheap noodles (bow ties work well, and Sam's usually has some), garlic, butter, and Parmesan Cheese (your only real extravagance). Throw in your left-over summer sausage if you like for protein.

5. Places like T.G.I. Friday’s have happy hour specials where you can get two appetizers for the price of one. Remember, a lot of waiters/waitresses will allow you to sub certain items. For instance, instead of dry noodles get white rice.

6. Be on the look out for Grand Openings, etc. Usually lots of free food.

7. Don't forget, if all else fails, the CFI buffet. You know, the free samples at Sam's. It all depends on the ladies doling out the food, but it'll at least get you through a day if that's what it takes to get you to your next pay check.

As rough as it got sometimes, it was some of the most fun of my life.

Respectfully,

JayDub

Latest resources

Back