• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, I really didn't mean to make anyone mad, but what happened at Citation Air is so obviously a reaction to the union vote that it seems beyond debate. If Avantair "deserved" a union and got one voted in, and the company shuts down, then it doesn't really matter whether the company "deserved" the union, the pilots still lose their jobs because of it. I don't want pilots to lose their jobs. It happened to me a BUNCH of times. Moral victories are fine, unless they cost you your job, it seems to me.

I believe Avantair will now go out of business, just like Citation Air, and for the same reason.

Make no mistake, if CA does go out of business, it will have done so due to poor business decisions, not the fact that a union was voted in. I don't know anything about Avantair, but I suspect the same there.

X

. . . what happened at Citation Air is so obviously a reaction to the union vote that it seems beyond debate.

Well then let's start the debate. You're way off . . . and that's beyond debate!

Congrats, Avantair dudes! Here's to happy, healthy bargaining :beer:

Sorry, I really didn't mean to make anyone mad, but what happened at Citation Air is so obviously a reaction to the union vote that it seems beyond debate. If Avantair "deserved" a union and got one voted in, and the company shuts down, then it doesn't really matter whether the company "deserved" the union, the pilots still lose their jobs because of it. I don't want pilots to lose their jobs. It happened to me a BUNCH of times. Moral victories are fine, unless they cost you your job, it seems to me.

Yes, being a voluntary slave is better than having self respect.

Gentlemen and or Ladies, if you have any questions as to why the race for the bottom is ever accelerating, I give you G4dude, you are management material through and through, no moral compass and motivated exclusively by personal benefit, however meager it may become...preferably by selling his own down the river.

I bet you sleep like a baby, never being bothered by a conscience...

Last edited:

You are right on the money G4dude. I am surprised you even bother to stick around and talk to this pro union clown show crowd in light of all the bad that has happened to the fractional industry due to them and their unions.

Pretty soon there will be no fractionals and they will have nothing to talk about here, this part of FI will go away, and they can all sit around and e-mail each other on how bad management was at their fractional....lol.

They are the true American idiots.

yes, they always do.

Santo and president Stephen Wagman also took voluntary pay cuts of 15 percent and 6 percent, respectively, according to Avantair’s August 24 SEC filing, and agreed to forego 2012 bonuses, “in furtherance of their continued actions as part of the company’s ongoing efforts to reduce expenses.” Non-employee directors agreed to reduce their compensation by 40 percent. Avantair’s stock closed yesterday at 53 cents per share.

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...nagement-takes-pay-cut-grants-stock-options-0

Yes, being a voluntary slave is better than having self respect.

Gentlemen and or Ladies, if you have any questions as to why the race for the bottom is ever accelerating, I give you G4dude, you are management material through and through, no moral compass and motivated exclusively by personal benefit, however meager it may become...preferably by selling his own down the river.

I bet you sleep like a baby, never being bothered by a conscience...

Having a job, albeit imperfect, is much better than losing it in perilous economic times, it seems to me. I don't understand how anyone can think differently. I hate it when I hear pilots are losing their jobs, because I definitely know how it feels. How does anyone think I don't care about my fellow pilots? I don't agree with you, but I don't assume it is because you have nefarious motives. By the way, I am not management material. I would be miserable in management. I just want to fly with my friends and eat good food at Pappadeaux and Outback and the Cheesecake Factory.

Latest resources

Back