• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My husband interviewed with and was hired by American Airlines, a major carrier--not by the regional one, Eagle. The American pilots' Union, APA, made up only of AA pilots, had nothing to do with the job offer at Eagle. That was strictly a management idea...a ploy my husband and many others firmly believe...to move the higher paid pilots off the AA payroll and onto the chump-change salary scale at Eagle. When I posted that he "declined" the offer, I was too polite. (I was new here then...:p) Actually, we were both disgusted and my husband rejected management's insult without a moment's hesitation.

My apologies to the Frac pilots. I peruse Avantair threads occasionally since I have friends who have passed through and some who remain.

NJW, actually APA did represent some of the American Eagle pilots at one time. Additionally, the flow back/flow through agreement was created and signed by 4 parties: APA, AE ALPA, AMR, AE management. Those "chump change" pilots at Eagle were not upset about the pay (AA guys would've been paid on the Eagle scale), they were upset about losing their captain seat. Finally, the only way an AA pilot would go back to Eagle was a furlough. Job/no job. That was the choice. Not moving payroll around.

In essence, you were insulted by the whole of AMR if you took offense.

Actually, the current owner of Avantair is pulling out. It seems as if what was predicted by some is coming true- he took what money he could and is running. Avantair is currently scrambling for new investors. Thats why there's new airplanes sitting and waiting. Be aware, folks, the books can only be cooked so long before the cards fall. The stories I have heard in the last few weeks about how that place is run makes me shake my head. From sources I know inside the company, it would appear scheduling is a mess, accounting is screwing up, owners are getting frustrated, you name it...... Anyone thinking of going to fly there would be well advised to sit and see what happens over the next few months.

I hope no one who was interested in a job here listed to this guy a few years ago. I had a nice young CA from this place fly on our aircraft the other day; fine example of a polite, smart young crew member. Much success to you all.

that airlinepilotcentral pay is so out of date. the flexjet data is 2 years old; however, other "select" companies are updated on a regular basis.

that airlinepilotcentral pay is so out of date. the flexjet data is 2 years old; however, other "select" companies are updated on a regular basis.

Airlinepilotcentral has been sent up to date info by several of us pilots, but they have not updated their website data. Dont know why. I have sent that info and more twice myself. Maybe I am not a reliable source :laugh:

Avantir pilot payscale table is on the company avantair.com website in the careers section.

Its real classy to come on here and talk smack about American Eagle pilots.

We have a bunch of former Eagle pilots on our payroll. Many of these guys paid for their own flight training and came up through the ranks the hard way (Flight instructing for low wages to build time and experience). They took the job at Eagle because they needed to progress their careers. I would not come on to Flight Info and Bad mouth the American Eagle guys. That is uncalled for in my opinion. The pay and conditions are what they are and we all would like for that to improve with the regionals.

I did not work for Eagle but I will say the Eagle guys that I have worked with over the years are some of the best pilots I have ever flown with.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back