Avantair called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Gimp said:
Thinking of going for an interview. What is the future for this company?

Thank you for any info.

Looks pretty good when you think about it. Avantair serves a much larger market than the other fractionals because the average fractional share is cheaper. Avantair has been growing considerably (take a look at airlinepilotcentral.com and look under the fractional tab) and I have heard that upgrade time is roughly one year. Something like 35 Avanti IIs (Proline 21 equipped - nice glass) are on order and there are rumors (simply rumors at this point) that jets might be added due to current owner demand.

Avantair also has one of the best domicile selections available (only Citationshares offers a comparable selection) with something like 20 cities offered. Although I have not flown one I hear the Avanti is a blast to fly - very docile and it performs well. The incoming Avanti IIs will offer even better performance and automation. Have you ever seen the cabin of an Avanti? It is fairly wide and more comfortable than the cabin of most Citations (no wonder it is popular with customers).

If you want to see the country, the Avantis will also take you into airports that most jets can't visit (rural Montana and Idaho for example - a.k.a. "God's Country").

No, I don't fly for Avantair but I am seriously considering applying very soon (current family situation won't allow it due to insurance). There are a number of Avantair pilots on this board whom I am sure will chime in. Keep in mind, no operation is perfect and, from what I have heard, Avantair has gradually overcome some initial bumps in the road and is now a more professional place to work - check out the salaries on airlinepilotcentral.com (fractional tab) - not too bad. I say go for it!

Let us know what happens in your situation. Good luck!

Last edited:
myrealnameis said:
Couldn't have said it better myself, and yes there have been bumps in the road.

I am sure all growth companies experience problems that eventually get resolved or the company goes bust. Over time processes are improved and infrastructure is added to boost efficiency. I have heard that Avanti demos with prospective share owners are happening all of the time. The fuel efficiency of the Avanti probably helps...

Not that I am aware of.

Its a simple numbers issue. A very large portion of our pilot group lives in Florida. I would almost say our pilot group would have to double in size before we hire into florida

but I have been known to be wrong before.......

Best of Luck,

celloman

johnsonrod said:
Looks pretty good when you think about it. Avantair serves a much larger market than the other fractionals because the average fractional share is cheaper. Avantair has been growing considerably (take a look at airlinepilotcentral.com and look under the fractional tab) and I have heard that upgrade time is roughly one year. Something like 35 Avanti IIs (Proline 21 equipped - nice glass) are on order and there are rumors (simply rumors at this point) that jets might be added due to current owner demand.

Avantair also has one of the best domicile selections available (only Citationshares offers a comparable selection) with something like 20 cities offered. Although I have not flown one I hear the Avanti is a blast to fly - very docile and it performs well. The incoming Avanti IIs will offer even better performance and automation. Have you ever seen the cabin of an Avanti? It is fairly wide and more comfortable than the cabin of most Citations (no wonder it is popular with customers).

If you want to see the country, the Avantis will also take you into airports that most jets can't visit (rural Montana and Idaho for example - a.k.a. "God's Country").

No, I don't fly for Avantair but I am seriously considering applying very soon (current family situation won't allow it due to insurance). There are a number of Avantair pilots on this board whom I am sure will chime in. Keep in mind, no operation is perfect and, from what I have heard, Avantair has gradually overcome some initial bumps in the road and is now a more professional place to work - check out the salaries on airlinepilotcentral.com (fractional tab) - not too bad. I say go for it!

Let us know what happens in your situation. Good luck!

All true, but consider these recent developments as well; 17-22 people (mngmt., mx) just let go (exact numbers vary), mechanics complaining about lack of parts because they're on c.o.d. with everyone, and finished Avanti IIs (yes, plural) sitting at Piaggio awaiting payment.

Not starting a flame, just want you to know ALL the facts before you jump ship.

P180puke said:
All true, but consider these recent developments as well; 17-22 people (mngmt., mx) just let go (exact numbers vary), mechanics complaining about lack of parts because they're on c.o.d. with everyone, and finished Avanti IIs (yes, plural) sitting at Piaggio awaiting payment.

Not starting a flame, just want you to know ALL the facts before you jump ship.

Any Idea as to why this is all happening??

I would be interested in knowing more about these developments at avantair are they based on fact or rumor ??? I am getting ready to go to avantair !

Latest resources

Back