• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

atlas interview process?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
75% Ace The Technical Pilot...., rest is interpereting weather maps. Focus on Part 121 performance Q's especially regarding "Screen Height."

If you have prior union background and maybe even had two cancelled class dates with Atlas, prepare to be rejected no matter how well you do on the test, because the process is run be miscreants, AABO refugees, and stooges. Writing Assesment is actually some sort of BULLSH!IT hokey psycho - HR -Crapola, not sure what they are looking for there except perhaps excuses.

Good luck, you'll need it.

75% Ace The Technical Pilot...., rest is interpereting weather maps. Focus on Part 121 performance Q's especially regarding "Screen Height."

If you have prior union background and maybe even had two cancelled class dates with Atlas, prepare to be rejected no matter how well you do on the test, because the process is run be miscreants, AABO refugees, and stooges. Writing Assesment is actually some sort of BULLSH!IT hokey psycho - HR -Crapola, not sure what they are looking for there except perhaps excuses.

Good luck, you'll need it.

Interesting. A friend of mine was one of the guys hired, and he said most of the poolies in his group had a real attitude, like they were already hired and shouldn't have to go thru the process again. I can understand the feeling, but to let it show would not be a good thing. Might have something to do with the success rate of the poolies. He said none of the poolies in his interview group made it.

I do not believe that for a minute. Everyone there was under the correct impression that the positions they had previously been offered were now up for grabs. everyone in that room was professional, capable, and well mannered. No one took anything for granted, certainly not me. And, as it turned out, in my case, I was right.

So to help skew the results a bit, here are some tips -

Have a copy of "Ace" at your computer when you take the assessment. Also, get the key for reading weather charts, and the key for airport signage and lighting. You will have enough time to rifle through it if an answer is in doubt. You should be able to score above 85 with that stuff. I know a guy that got a 52 and was hired, but if the results start skewing who knows what they'll do, right?

It's a 50 question test that you are alloted 60 minutes for. It is designed by Pelysis systems and is deeply flawed. On my test, one of the runway lighting questions had no correct answers. Pelysis has a known quality control issue.

Hey, now you have to cheat to get hired by Atlas! Good luck cheaters!

It's a 50 question test that you are alloted 60 minutes for. It is designed by Pelysis systems and is deeply flawed. On my test, one of the runway lighting questions had no correct answers. Pelysis has a known quality control issue.

Ah...pelisys...

Also have an interview coming up soon. Been through the online test & passed.. whew. I've pretty much been a 135 guy my whole career- fractional & charter in medium sized corporate jets. Wondering more about questions during the interview... how technical were they? Many 121 specific Q's? Curve balls? TMAT examples? Suggestions on how to best prepare for the day? What to sharpen up on?

Whoosh,

Just wondering what you got for a score on the online test? Trying to figure out what a passing score is?

Over 60

If you get in pack your bags you wont be home for 3 months. One day off a week in training and straight through ground to sim to OE.

Last edited:
I do not believe that for a minute. Everyone there was under the correct impression that the positions they had previously been offered were now up for grabs. everyone in that room was professional, capable, and well mannered. No one took anything for granted, certainly not me. And, as it turned out, in my case, I was right.

So to help skew the results a bit, here are some tips -

Have a copy of "Ace" at your computer when you take the assessment. Also, get the key for reading weather charts, and the key for airport signage and lighting. You will have enough time to rifle through it if an answer is in doubt. You should be able to score above 85 with that stuff. I know a guy that got a 52 and was hired, but if the results start skewing who knows what they'll do, right?

Hey, now you have to cheat to get hired by Atlas! Good luck cheaters!

Soooo, how'd that trip to the G.O. go for ya there?

Also heard that 40 was a passing grade according to a thread over at airlinepilotcentral.com but maybe that's old info. Took them 1 business day to get back to me.

Latest resources

Back