• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do I have to defend it? It's not like I have anything to do with the union and their communications!

All I'm saying is, if there was truth to this rumor, one side would have announced it by now. My uneducated hunch is that we haven't heard anything yet, although I would welcome more negotiation sessions. We can't get the deal done if we're not talking!

The fact is we can't get a deal if we are talking.

This is not 1998.

A deal will happen when we are not talking. A deal will happen when our respective backs are against a wall.

The fact is we can't get a deal if we are talking.

This is not 1998.

A deal will happen when we are not talking. A deal will happen when our respective backs are against a wall.

Your absolutely right this isn't 1998.

If we don't get a release, what is our next move? Is there a plan B? What if it is only OUR side that is against a wall......... then what?

Your absolutely right this isn't 1998.

If we don't get a release, what is our next move? Is there a plan B? What if it is only OUR side that is against a wall......... then what?

We provide a little CHAOS from our side; I can't believe you actually asked that question! Unfortunately, I know you are too scared to rock the boat; you actually need this job.

We provide a little CHAOS from our side; I can't believe you actually asked that question! Unfortunately, I know you are too scared to rock the boat; you actually need this job.

Never happen again 601.... most regional pilots are just passing thru..... I participated in '98, and tried again in 2001 during the CMR strike.... no support anymore... deal with the reality we have created for ourselves rather than living in the past..... I don't "need" this job, but I am smart enough not to just give it up for some mythical union "brotherhood".... There won't be a strike, and there won't be a '98 campaign... now what 601....

Never happen again 601.... most regional pilots are just passing thru..... I participated in '98, and tried again in 2001 during the CMR strike.... no support anymore... deal with the reality we have created for ourselves rather than living in the past..... I don't "need" this job, but I am smart enough not to just give it up for some mythical union "brotherhood".... There won't be a strike, and there won't be a '98 campaign... now what 601....

Well John, just give up and sit on the sidelines ranting your anti-ALPA rhetoric. I'll keep doing what I'm doing until either I'm fired or we get our contract done. Hopefully some others will join me.

Well John, just give up and sit on the sidelines ranting your anti-ALPA rhetoric. I'll keep doing what I'm doing until either I'm fired or we get our contract done. Hopefully some others will join me.

OK, I will... enjoy your battle.... I tried that during the CMR stike when we flew CMR passengers in CMR airplanes... Didn't work...Don't suppose you want to reform ALPA so that we actually confront management as a single group now..... never mind, you are probably afraid to confront ALPA.... we can't speak bad about ALPA now can we.....

Let me know how your battle goes.... wasn't it you that said you don't have any respect for the ASA pilots....

Last edited:
So are you in the process of leaving? What are YOU doing?

I am gone simply because I have found a better oppurtunity with positive leadership in both management and labor. ASA management and ALPA are 100% unaccountable and the only people that pay for it are those trying to better themselves or a situation.

BTW have fun with the 200 hour prodigy pilots.

I suspect ALPA is just trying to figure out how to "spin" it..... It is a fact, just waiting for the spin....

But you beat ALPA to it Joey haven't you!

Joey, the self-interest and self-impressed with himself spin master!
(In his mind of course).

..... I don't "need" this job, but I am smart enough not to just give it up for some mythical union "brotherhood".... ..

You sure YOU don't need this job JB? What with all your mortgages (boat, beach condo, mountain joint, house in Sharpsburg etc) one would think YOU and your gf BOTH need your jobs!

Latest resources

Back