• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As Tarzan, OhPlease, and JP have said, the hardliners running things don't really want to hear from you unless you agree with the current approach. This is how ALPA has always run, and is the reason I was excluded from the process. This was then spun as me not participating..... hard to participate when you aren't welcome..... Most pilots have no idea how ALPA works, or doesn't work.....

See, now this is what ticks me off! I have been down this same road. These guys are supposed to be our voice, not working their own, personal agendas! I have been told I am drinking the management kool-aid, when I believe I can look at the info and form my own opinion. ALPA National is driving the ship and using our leaders as mouthpieces for ALPA's agenda. My voice is not heard, along with any that don't follow that course of thinking! It is time to finish this off, and not worry about sending a message to Skywest pilots, or any other pilot group! We can deliver that message, and JA's next message will be the transfer of ASA assets instantly! Don't think so? Look at ACA, Allegheny, CC Air. Look at Air Wisconsin and their association with United, which they were a mainstay! Lets pressure ALPA to get a fair, realistic deal!

The MEC truly believes that people who share yours and my opinion are a "vocal minority" and the majority of pilots are behind them in their push for an industry leading contract with retro pay. They wave their "Wilson Poll" as the proof of this.

If more pilots who share your opinion were to call the reps and voice their concerns, the thinking might change. Or it might not. Often reps tell their fellow reps about stories of dissent and are accused of inflating or exaggerating the stories to fit their agenda. Sometimes it's hard to stop a train, even if the train is heading for a cliff at top speed.

That may be true, but no matter who we vote in, they are the voice of the group....not to push their own (or ALPA Nationals) agenga! If we, the group, tell Utley, Tomlin, etc.. the course we wish them to push, it should be no different than if we tell Jackson, etc...THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE OUR VOICE!

That may be true, but no matter who we vote in, they are the voice of the group....not to push their own (or ALPA Nationals) agenga! If we, the group, tell Utley, Tomlin, etc.. the course we wish them to push, it should be no different than if we tell Jackson, etc...THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE OUR VOICE!
new reality show....the young and the naive.

The election was a referendum on whether to continue status quo, or change directions.... the vote reinforced the hardline stance.... Over half of the people didn't even bother to vote, they sure aren't going make a phone call or send an email if they can't even be bothered to take 30 seconds to vote...

The fact is, there are 2 minority groups here that argue these issues. The majority group is the apathetic group that doesn't care one way or the other... the hardliner group would be smart to take this into consideration....

The ASA Coalition/Jackson group basically said they were going to take the current deal with some job security... The Utley/Tomlin group promised more, and they won..... By the way, they aren't in agreement anymore and at least one of them agrees with you.....

All I can say is... wow.

Seven years is a long time to hold a grudge, especially when you apparently never understood the issue to begin with.

Oh, and by the way, the FO rep who wrote the original resolution, and brought the issue to the floor of the BOD in 2002 is now the MEC chairman.

if there is a grudge is more to do with the completely unprofessional way with which I was treated for daring to disagree, and the BS that they invented to try to discredit me and my view.. I have nothing but good wishes for the guys I flew with over there, some of whom are still friends I talk to regularly, but guys like TM, and FR were not the kind of guys I personally could work with over there, and even JB who I thought was a friend bought into their BS and sold me out..

Again, glad it all worked out that way for me personally in hindsight, but sad that it had to come to that kind of unprofessional behavior over a stupid idea, that was mishandled from the start.

But ugly union politics aren't anything new at ASA.. that went on for long after I left.. and apparently still goes on.

Anyway.. best of luck to you getting a good contract.

Latest resources

Back