ASA Quality of life ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kommutrdog

I know ASA isn't hiring right now, but I'm thinking of jumping ship...I'm currently a turbo-prop captain for a company that's going nowhere in a hurry, so if anyone could answer a few questions, I would really appreciate it.

1. FO pay for years 1, 2 and 3 for both jet and atr

2. minimum days off for reserve and line holders

3. any sort of "commuter" clause in your contract ?? My wife and I want to live in Florida but I don't relish the thought of constantly being under pressure to make it to ATL or DFW

4. what's on the horizon as far as expansion and aircraft deliveries

5.. what cities in Florida does ASA fly into and with what aircraft.

Thanks a bunch :p

ASA is one of the best regionals to work for today. I, too, was a turboprop captain at a regional who jumped ship for ASA, so I feel your pain.

1. Starting pay is $19.02/hr @75 hours in all equipment.

2. Min days is 10 for all.

3. No commuter clause.

4. RETIRING ALL BRASILIAS. They're already gone from ATL and will be gone from DFW by the end of August. Taking additional rj50's and three additional rj70's than originally ordered. Rumors of a west coast base because of the additional flying on the west coast, but nothing solid.

5. Ft Walton Beach and Panama City are served by both the ATR and rj50, but all others are rj50's and rj70's (MLB, DAB, EYW, GNV)

Keep an eye on us since we won't hire until MAYBE September. We are negotiating our contract and we will not sign unless all that you have mentioned are addressed and improved.

Source

Try asacontract.com, and click on current contract. Be sure to read the LOA's for the latest info.

I've been in the pool since November, and am anxiously awaiting being called for training. However, it looks like it will be a few more months. I did recently receive a notice from FAA saying that my records had been checked, though they said they would do that right away so it may mean nothing.

Anyone seen the August prelims? Is that retraining done yet??
Good luck!

There are several groups of us brasilia guys yet to be assigned class dates but i believe all of us fo's have our new equipment award based on July prelims. Still several to be trained with effective dates of 9/1-9/3

3. any sort of "commuter" clause in your contract ?? My wife and I want to live in Florida but I don't relish the thought of constantly being under pressure to make it to ATL or DFW

Just curious; why should a commuter clause take any pressure off you getting to work?

commuter clause

A commuter clause in a contract could work something like this:

The company requires that you list yourself on say 2 flights which would get you into your domicile prior to your scheduled report time. If for some reason it looks like you won't make it into work...flights full, cancelled, A-hole gate agents 'forbidding' you the JS (it's happened), etc, then you call scheduling and you're off the hook. You wouldn't have to pretend to be sick to not get into hot water.

You would still have to show up when you could, and you probably won't get paid your missed segments, but at least your not worrying about getting to work.

BTW Does anyone know if Commair has a commuter clause in their contract. I hear their contract is good, but I don't wan't to live in CVG.

I believe most commuter clauses require that a seat in back be available. In other words, you would have made it except something unusual happened, mechanical, wx, etc. This is not to be abused but rather puts us on par with someone who blows a tire coming into work. They don't get in trouble while the commuter has to do the carpet dance in the CP's office!

So, it is the company's problem that someone decides to live in another city? Why don't I have a clause that gets me "off the hook" should my car break down or, my dog get sick...

...yet people think that since a flight is full, it's okay not to show up for their job. No pressure, just show for the next segment and we'll pay you anyway. Can someone please entertain me with the logic behind this?

reread my post. here is a senario, I can drive to work, 4 hours, and lets say I blow a tire I tell sched what happened and that I'll make it but I might need someone to cover first round trip. I won't be paid but I won't get in trouble. Now, if a plane mechanical delays and I call sched to cover my first round trip my a** is in the sling. A large number of pilots and FA's commute. That is one of the perks, you can live where you want.

Latest resources

Back