• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Arik Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far as pay goes, I think this may be the best pay for a CRJ FO contract, since CRJ FO contract positions are pretty much non-existant. A CRJ CA is another story though.

Get over yourself. Your arrogance is pathetic. The contract figures I was provided indicate I would be paid over 60,000 to be an FO. Last time I checked that is a tad bit more than first year CA pay at my former employer. Now I don't know - maybe I am wrong - but I don't think there are contracts that pay FOs 120,000 a year? Nor do I feel it is bringing down anything for the type of equipment. Then again what do I know because you're the 2500 wonder tooling around the Jungles in a CRJ. There are a lot of good men and women on the streets. You have to go where the job is sometimes. I love how when people ask for information all they ever get is someone else's opinions on how great they think they are. Keep on fooling yourself that you're better than the rest of us. The planet and this business is small - someday that attitude is going to bite you in the ass. By the way, how the hell do you fit in the cockpit with such an ego?

First off, please forgive me for trying to protect my get rich quick/see the world scheme ;-)

Good for you for seeing 60,000 USD/yr in your future. Is that figure including perdiem? Guess what? FO’s were making base pay 72,000 USD/yr not to long ago. Not that they were paying enough then either…I will not comment on the CA pay because I dont have a hard number to argue against.

This is a situation where Arik is seeing an easy cheap way to get pilots from America due to the down turn. They are using this to put the leasing companies against each other to negotiate the cheapest possible labor. These companies need to get there cut as well. But they know there bottom end and will use that to lower the terms of the pilot contracts. Does this all sound familiar?

If they can cut FO wages by 12,000 USD/yr in a matter of months, guess whats going to happen when you’re up for a PC and the next round of furloughs hits the street??? You will be back on the street. Oh, lets not forget that they are “offering financing” for your PC’s (I did see part of the terms a while back)! Do you even know what that means?

Soon enough expat flying will be no different (pay wise) than back home minus the pay for your own PC part if you guys are willing to jump on anything. Yes, you are the first round to start bringing down the standard for this equipment. Just remember that they actually need you more than you need them. As a contractor you are able to negotiate your contract! But if people like you want to ruin it, so be it…

There is no “Pathetic Ego” at work here… I’m just merely stating facts regarding yours and others ignorance towards contract flying. As for my “attitude” “biting me in the ass” in the future… Guys with bad attitudes don’t get where I’m at today in this world. You show up and you’re labeled as either a hero or a zero immediately. It is very easy to go either direction. That’s not “Ego” talking, that’s fact!

One more thing before I go Mr. Tar Heel… Based on your history of posts it appears that you have had quite a few interviews and wound up at Mesa. And now you’re out of a job. Last I checked Mesa was still hiring. It appears you have a difficult time finding jobs and an even harder time keeping them! Couldn’t make it through line training??? Please share the real reason why you are out of a job and quit making it sound like you fall into the group of unfortunate furloughs! BTW, “2500 hr wonder…” Did that really come from a guy posting himself and a 2000 hr FO? Maybe you need to change your attitude so that you can actually find and maintain a job when the industry turns itself around. In the mean time, stay out of contract flying. Thanks!

As far as pay goes, I think this may be the best pay for a CRJ FO contract, since CRJ FO contract positions are pretty much non-existant. A CRJ CA is another story though.

You do have a valid point. But then again, there has never been that much work for FO's as opposed to CA's.

First off, please forgive me for trying to protect my get rich quick/see the world scheme ;-)

Good for you for seeing 60,000 USD/yr in your future. Is that figure including perdiem? Guess what? FO’s were making base pay 72,000 USD/yr not to long ago. Not that they were paying enough then either…I will not comment on the CA pay because I dont have a hard number to argue against.

This is a situation where Arik is seeing an easy cheap way to get pilots from America due to the down turn. They are using this to put the leasing companies against each other to negotiate the cheapest possible labor. These companies need to get there cut as well. But they know there bottom end and will use that to lower the terms of the pilot contracts. Does this all sound familiar?

If they can cut FO wages by 12,000 USD/yr in a matter of months, guess whats going to happen when you’re up for a PC and the next round of furloughs hits the street??? You will be back on the street. Oh, lets not forget that they are “offering financing” for your PC’s (I did see part of the terms a while back)! Do you even know what that means?

Soon enough expat flying will be no different (pay wise) than back home minus the pay for your own PC part if you guys are willing to jump on anything. Yes, you are the first round to start bringing down the standard for this equipment. Just remember that they actually need you more than you need them. As a contractor you are able to negotiate your contract! But if people like you want to ruin it, so be it…

There is no “Pathetic Ego” at work here… I’m just merely stating facts regarding yours and others ignorance towards contract flying. As for my “attitude” “biting me in the ass” in the future… Guys with bad attitudes don’t get where I’m at today in this world. You show up and you’re labeled as either a hero or a zero immediately. It is very easy to go either direction. That’s not “Ego” talking, that’s fact!

One more thing before I go Mr. Tar Heel… Based on your history of posts it appears that you have had quite a few interviews and wound up at Mesa. And now you’re out of a job. Last I checked Mesa was still hiring. It appears you have a difficult time finding jobs and an even harder time keeping them! Couldn’t make it through line training??? Please share the real reason why you are out of a job and quit making it sound like you fall into the group of unfortunate furloughs! BTW, “2500 hr wonder…” Did that really come from a guy posting himself and a 2000 hr FO? Maybe you need to change your attitude so that you can actually find and maintain a job when the industry turns itself around. In the mean time, stay out of contract flying. Thanks!

Wow thanks for the lecture BLing. Once again you really helped to answer the question posed on this topic about Arik Air! Not.

Perhaps asking the question "how is life in one of the most corrupt places on earth" is more to the point.

Update....

I was told my pay would have been $5500.00 a month for CRJ900 FO. I declined to travel to London for the assessment, the pay was not enough. I figured if I am going to work in Nigeria, I better get paid a lot to work in Nigeria. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Update....

I was told my pay would have been $5500.00 a month for CRJ900 FO. I declined to travel to London for the assessment, the pay was not enough. I figured if I am going to work in Nigeria, I better get paid a lot to work in Nigeria. Anyway, thanks for the info.
Good going on turning it down. You're right--the money's not near enough, and why would you want to play a role in the degeneration of the international contract flying business?

The international contract business is imperiled by the same half-wits who were part of the economic degradation of the U.S. airline industry. It is no wonder then, that regions such as the E.U. are so strictly restricting these "sell-outs" from entering their markets. Now these fools want to come to Africa and Asia and undermine this as well.

My hat's off to anyone who refuses to take the low-ball offer.

Last edited:
It's funny when money hungry, dumb, shoulda-been-ditchdigger regional FOs get all worked up over $4500/month.

The bar continues to lower.

All bow down to Metro752! Its funny when people post pointless negative comments to make themselves feel better.

P.S.- I used to dig ditches way back when. Some people don't know the definition of hard work these days.

Latest resources

Back