• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Arik Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Someone above said they drive you to the airport packing AK47s.
YEP!! when you can get guards. 4500.00 a month???? WOW!! when I was there it was 7000.00 a month!!! Keep bringing the bar down guys ( for you people that take this cr@p job). I would not go back there for 10K a month!!! ....... this is why I left the states to begin with! now its even spread to contract flying ( pretty much one of the last places you could make good money). time to get out for good!! i

Last edited:
YEP!! when you can get guards. 4500.00 a month???? WOW!! when I was there it was 7000.00 a month!!! Keep bringing the bar down guys ( for you people that take this cr@p job). I would not go back there for 10K a month!!! ....... this is why I left the states to begin with! now its even spread to contract flying ( pretty much one of the last places you could make good money). time to get out for good!! i

Oceandude 100% correct! Im going to go on the record of saying screw you a$$holes who are willing to come work in such $hit conditions in the one part of aviation that actually has paid quite well (contract flying)! $4500/month for FO's WTF??? I dont even want to know what they are paying CA's now...

I never flew for Arik, but I have extensive African RJ flying flying experience and know people who have flown for them. Dont send me PMs asking me where I work and if we are hiring. I will not answer because I dont need you guys screwing me and the rest of us who have been doing this type of flying for a while!

Some of us chose to become contract pilots for the adventure and the paycheck that follows. Now you guys want to do it because you are despirate for a job no matter what the compensation. I bet a few months ago that none of you would ever think about stepping foot in Africa or anywhere else in the 3rd World. You guys are pathetic and can go to hell!

Actually, Im not sure why Im so mad because most of you wouldnt last in such places. This would then shift the supply/demand curve to a more favorable position again!

Last edited:
Having flown in and out of Lagos for a few years as scheduled service with NAA, I would say unless you absolutely have no other options you should pass this up. One of the dirtiest, most corrupt, and scary places I have ever been.

Oceandude 100% correct! Im going to go on the record of saying screw you a$$holes who are willing to come work in such $hit conditions in the one part of aviation that actually has paid quite well (contract flying)! $4500/month for FO's WTF??? I dont even want to know what they are paying CA's now...

I never flew for Arik, but I have extensive African RJ flying flying experience and know people who have flown for them. Dont send me PMs asking me where I work and if we are hiring. I will not answer because I dont need you guys screwing me and the rest of us who have been doing this type of flying for a while!

Some of us chose to become contract pilots for the adventure and the paycheck that follows. Now you guys want to do it because you are despirate for a job no matter what the compensation. I bet a few months ago that none of you would ever think about stepping foot in Africa or anywhere else in the 3rd World. You guys are pathetic and can go to hell!

Actually, Im not sure why Im so mad because most of you wouldnt last in such places. This would then shift the supply/demand curve to a more favorable position again!

good to see someone else with some b@lls here! ohh... they are paying capt's 6500 a month!!! F^CKING SAD!!!

Get over yourself. Your arrogance is pathetic. The contract figures I was provided indicate I would be paid over 60,000 to be an FO. Last time I checked that is a tad bit more than first year CA pay at my former employer. Now I don't know - maybe I am wrong - but I don't think there are contracts that pay FOs 120,000 a year? Nor do I feel it is bringing down anything for the type of equipment. Then again what do I know because you're the 2500 wonder tooling around the Jungles in a CRJ. There are a lot of good men and women on the streets. You have to go where the job is sometimes. I love how when people ask for information all they ever get is someone else's opinions on how great they think they are. Keep on fooling yourself that you're better than the rest of us. The planet and this business is small - someday that attitude is going to bite you in the ass. By the way, how the hell do you fit in the cockpit with such an ego?

I dont have any direct experience with this area or the airline, however, I felt I should pass on some info from a very good friend of mine.
She and her family escaped, yes escaped, from Nigeria 3 years ago after repeated robberys and beatings by the locals and police..for years.. 2 months ago, her brother and sister in law was murdered there as fall out from helping her get out of Africa.. She came to the US with the cloths on there backs and a small suit case..2 small children..!

I know her to be a super nice person, that is really glad to have become a US citizen and loves everyday she spends here.. After spending some time around her over the past couple of years, I could never even consider risking my families life by going there.. the price on American heads is high, especially for ransoms to the african companies that have US workers.. thus the AK-47's

Not a chance for me, nothing is worth dying for.. you better check your compass if your considering working there...

Last edited:
You are wrong, there are.

I dont know everything. So who's hiring CRJ FOs for 120,000? Given that others on the post arent willing to share information perhaps you can shed some light on contracts or companies worth pursuing then?

Latest resources

Back