Arik Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Myster79

Anyone have info on Arik out of Lagos. I am considering a position with them and I would appreciate any info.

Thanks

Unless you've spent a lot of time in Nigeria in the past, I'd seriously reconsider working there. Lagos is without a doubt the arsehole of Africa. Very high crime rate, traffic like you've never seen before, unbelievable pollution and sewer problems and nothing works the way it should.

People either love Africa or hate it. I've travelled extensively (I mean really travelled - no airline layovers in 5 star hotels!) in 25+ African countries and I love it there but I'd never, ever consider living in Lagos. If Arik offered a Kano or Abuja base it might be worth looking into.

Sorry I don't know much about Arik but maybe someone on the pprune Africa forum could help.

I intreviewed for CRJ 900 captain position last week 14th + 15th July In London,Gatwick. Written test, Pschy test, CompassTest, Math test,and
737-7 Sim profile , NDb tracking ,NDB Hold, ILS --_Shannon Ireland Rwy 24 from 2007 old plate, ALL raw data, steep turns, Starting salary $8,500 per month. Rotation is 56 days on 28 days off, Hotel and food provided. Airline Commute ticket paid by Arik.
Growing Fast, Very Stable, just approved London Heathrow, and USA routes. Flying 737-300, 737-700, CRJ900, Dash8, Hawker, just ordered 340-600, 2009= 777-200, 777-300. Lagos,N is a not a nice place and they do drive you to work with an AK-47 .
contact.

I intreviewed for CRJ 900 captain position last week 14th + 15th July In London,Gatwick. Written test, Pschy test, CompassTest, Math test,and
737-7 Sim profile , NDb tracking ,NDB Hold, ILS --_Shannon Ireland Rwy 24 from 2007 old plate, ALL raw data, steep turns, Starting salary $8,500 per month. Rotation is 56 days on 28 days off, Hotel and food provided. Airline Commute ticket paid by Arik.
Growing Fast, Very Stable, just approved London Heathrow, and USA routes. Flying 737-300, 737-700, CRJ900, Dash8, Hawker, just ordered 340-600, 2009= 777-200, 777-300. Lagos,N is a not a nice place and they do drive you to work with an AK-47 .
contact.

Same as I am interviewing for. Did you get a good feel for the job? I like the money. However I am not that hard up. Any more interview help would be appreciated.

Thanks all for the info. I am heading to London for the assessment in the middle of August. I will post all info.

Latest resources

Back