• APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

APA and the Jetblue pilot committee!

Dizel8

Douglas metal
Total Time
Huh?
Rumours are floating around that they either met or wants to meet.

AA pilots hear anything, no real info on the blue side?

9rj9

Total Time
5 til2
They want to ask what color stapler you want them to use.

BeachBummer

Total Time
.71yrs
They want to ask what color stapler you want them to use.
Some would call it a Red Swingline... We'll probably call it a rectal desimation device, yea I know that's not a color but who really cares what color it is. The TWA'ers will be wondering what they did to the aviation gods to make them so mad...

n757st

It's always sunny in JFK
Total Time
8000+
I really don't think AMR has the cash to pay a premium on Jetblue shares. Perhaps if there was a meeting they are just trying to talk about a long rumored code share agreement. Putting AMR costs and culture on jetblue makes no sense to me, but whatever.

aa73

Total Time
Any talk about a staple is B.S.... according to the new Congress law, any merger/asset acquisition over 51% requires neutral arbitration. Sorry, no stapling...

Rumors flying on our board too. Who knows? We'll probably read about the whole thing in the USA Today before they actually tell us.

BILL LUMBERG

Total Time
9 to 5
AA73.....

Wrong!! The law is only if there is a collective bargaining representative which scaringly JB does not have!!

Bavarian Chef

Registered jetBluser
Total Time
I really don't think AMR has the cash to pay a premium on Jetblue shares. Perhaps if there was a meeting they are just trying to talk about a long rumored code share agreement. Putting AMR costs and culture on jetblue makes no sense to me, but whatever.
Pay a premium on what?

JBLU $5.76 ... oooooooooohhhhhh ...

Splert

PoipuBayResort15thTBox
Total Time
AA73.....

Wrong!! The law is only if there is a collective bargaining representative which scaringly JB does not have!!
Read the RLA definition of "representative" and you will not find your definition.

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
It is called a cashless transaction or a stock swap. Maybe you have heard about it? DAL/NWA and UAUA?CAL seem to like it.

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
AA73.....

Not true. The law requires the integration to still be "fair and equitable." The problem is that the JB pilots will not have any representatives to tell the arbitrator what they think is fair. The company will be their representative until they get a union so, they can't get stapled, but they could still get pretty heavily screwed.

Got ALPA?

9rj9

Total Time
5 til2
I think they have representation in the form of a company endorsed pilot resolution group, or something like that.

Cheeta

Total Time
AA73.....

Incorrect Bill....It covers any employee who works under the Railway Labor Act...unionized or not.

Example: Delta FA's and Northwest FA's Mackcaskill-Bond was envoked and used in their merger...one union one not and both are recognized under the RLA.

Mackcaskill-Bond:

SEC. 117. LABOR INTEGRATION. (a) LABOR INTEGRATION.—With respect to any covered transaction involving two or more covered air carriers that results in the combination of crafts or classes that are subject to the Railway Labor Act (45 U.S.C. 151 et seq.), sections 3 and 13 of the labor protective provisions imposed by the Civil Aeronautics Board in the Allegheny-Mohawk merger (as published at 59 C.A.B. 45) shall apply to the integration of covered employees of the covered air carriers; except that—(1) if the same collective bargaining agent represents the combining crafts or classes at each of the covered air carriers, that collective bargaining agent’s internal policies regarding integration, if any, will not be affected by and will supersede the requirements of this section; and
(2) the requirements of any collective bargaining agreement that may be applicable to the terms of integration involving covered employees of a covered air carrier shall not be affected by the requirements of this section as to the employees covered by that agreement, so long as those provisions allow for the protections afforded by sections 3 and 13 of the Allegheny-Mohawk provisions.
(b) DEFINITIONS.—In this section, the following definitions apply:
(1) AIR CARRIER.—The term ‘‘air carrier’’ means an air carrier that holds a certificate issued under chapter 411 of title 49, United States Code.
(2) COVERED AIR CARRIER.—The term ‘‘covered air carrier’’ means an air carrier that is involved in a covered transaction.
(3) COVERED EMPLOYEE.—The term ‘‘covered employee’’ means an employee who—
(A) is not a temporary employee; and
(B) is a member of a craft or class that is subject to the Railway Labor Act (45 U.S.C. 151 et seq.).
(4) COVERED TRANSACTION.—The term ‘‘covered transaction’’ means—
(A) a transaction for the combination of multiple air carriers into a single air carrier; and which
(B) involves the transfer of ownership or control of—
(i) 50 percent or more of the equity securities (as defined in section 101 of title 11, United States Code) of an air carrier; or
(ii) 50 percent or more (by value) of the assets of the air carrier.
(c) APPLICATION.—This section shall not apply to any covered transaction involving a covered air carrier that took place before the date of enactment of this Act.
(d) EFFECTIVENESS OF PROVISION.–This section shall become effective on the date of enactment of this Act and shall continue in effect in fiscal years after fiscal year 2008.

GuppyWN

Total Time
Sounds like a great deal for the couple thousand AA pilots that are out of work.

Gup

Cheeta

Total Time
Sounds like a great deal for the couple thousand AA pilots that are out of work.

Gup
Guppy I'm not so sure about that...furloughed pilots would be placed below flying pilots at the mergered carrier.

GuppyWN

Total Time
Uh yeah, I forgot to insert the sarcasm thingy. Those dudes have been kicked in the nads for almost 10 years. Might as well pile on.

Gup

Splert

PoipuBayResort15thTBox
Total Time
I think they have representation in the form of a company endorsed pilot resolution group, or something like that.
Bingo. The RLA does not require a "representative" to be certified or elected though the NMB.

100 c.i.

Total Time
Guppy I'm not so sure about that...furloughed pilots would be placed below flying pilots at the mergered carrier.
What ever, not that i would ever want to staple or screw anybody like i have been, but rest asssured everbody will be f@cked ........

Bavarian Chef

Registered jetBluser
Total Time
It's official (via JB email) -- the APA is trying to contact the PVC regarding scope. Not to worry, the PVC will get back to us later in the week. Niiiiiice.