• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA and the Jetblue pilot committee!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any talk about a staple is B.S.... according to the new Congress law, any merger/asset acquisition over 51% requires neutral arbitration. Sorry, no stapling...

Rumors flying on our board too. Who knows? We'll probably read about the whole thing in the USA Today before they actually tell us.

Tell that to the SWA pilots!! They think everyone will VOLUNTEER to be on the bottom their list. Remember, their poop don't stink, and they fly a lot to West Texas.....

Bye Bye----General Lee

Last edited:
I really don't think AMR has the cash to pay a premium on Jetblue shares. Perhaps if there was a meeting they are just trying to talk about a long rumored code share agreement. Putting AMR costs and culture on jetblue makes no sense to me, but whatever.

You don't really need cash. What are CAL and UAL doing, a stock swap?

And which JB pilots would immediately bid the MD80 at LGA after a possible merger? A raise of hands, please.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Staple job...NO, Date of hire YES

That just won't happen. Look at recent history. It will go to an arbitrator or a few of them if it ever happens at all.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well General Faggot has chimed in, it seems he likes jerking himself off a lot on this topic!

GFYS!

Last edited:
Guppy I'm not so sure about that...furloughed pilots would be placed below flying pilots at the mergered carrier.

So you're saying a guy hired at AA in 2001 would be junior to some new hire at JB? Where is the fairness in that? Actually since jet blue only started flying in 2000 or so, I would say 95% of AA's pilots were hired at AA before JB even began service. Sounds like a perfect staple scenario to me! And don't forget about the 500 guys at Eagle who currently hold an AA seniority number plus another 800 with future AA rights.

Not like Quasimodo...

I stand corrected!

It's official (via JB email) -- the APA is trying to contact the PVC regarding scope. Not to worry, the PVC will get back to us later in the week. Niiiiiice.

Can you be more specific? Maybe they are looking at Mother spinning off Eagle and trying to build a negotiation platform or curious about your E-Jets.

Gup

Well General Faggot has chimed in, it seems he likes jerking himself off a lot on this topic!

GFYS!

Thanks Mr. Yonkers, go enjoy the MD80 in the right seat......you sure will! And GFYST!!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Pay a premium on what?

JBLU $5.76 ... oooooooooohhhhhh ...

If a company like AMR wants to get enough shares to control JBLU then the share price will go up, way up. Less shares on the market, higher price, especially with everyone holding their shares to see what AMR will offer as a premium. At least in my mind I don't see jetblue agreeing to a merger, therefore AMR has to buy them, at a premium compared to what they are today. Even at 5.76 a share Jblu is worth 1.7 billion dollars, and it probably has a acquisition value in the 2-3 billion dollar range. Again, I don't see the incentive for Jblu to merge. I can see why AMR would want Jblu, but not why Jblu would want AMR.

Last edited:
So your jetblue "values" committee is made up of "Mr TWA" - a military pilot with no union experience - and a bunch of guys who just quit?

Terrible foresight guys and girls. And who put "Mr TWA" in charge? Oh wait, don't tell me..... jetblue put him in charge. :laugh:

It's not all shiny, happy, and blue in the real world. The real world is made up of shareholders, and BODs, and private equity, and suits who like to do big deals, and YES pilots who will steamroll your a$$ to protect their own families.

Good luck in Dallas professional aviators!

Latest resources

Back