anyone heard from AWAC interview yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
joepilot29 said:
I am interviewing next week at a flightschool that wants a one year commitment. Nice thing about this place is they also have a nice size charter department with hawker, citations, and king airs. Going to try to work into that. Also I just need to get the hours anyway so I can end the struggle.
I worked for a school with a 12 month commitment, or pay $5,000 bond. I would have to say DON'T do it. I was lucky enough to make bank while working there, but the 12 month CFI deal (after I had already worked 10 months as a CFI) was a DRAG. I had 1500 dual given before I left for an airline - I would much rather of preferred going to night freight instead. I would suggest you do that once you hit 1200...more dual given won't help you.

Signing a contract for a 135 or 121 company is a bit different than a CFI position, IMO, unless it pays $35,000+ SALARY I wouldn't do it...

Hey all, I've been looking over the gouge's for the AWAC interview, got mine on the 25th, and was just wondering if, besides the basic systems questions, do they ask about any regs, inst procedures, ATP stuff? Also, How far in depth did they want you to go in describing systems of your a/c, or is mostly just limitations and memory items?? Thanks for the help.

I would like to know do I need to fly the sim during the interview? Since I am a crj FO with a sinking airline.

The Indy guys don't/didn't have to do the sim eval. But then they all had at least 2000 hours on type, so I would think it depends how much CRJ time you have.

ubpilot said:
I would like to know do I need to fly the sim during the interview? Since I am a crj FO with a sinking airline.

Back in the day (that was like 6mo ago). If you had 121 experience and/or a CRJ type you didn't have to do the sim. I have a Sabb buddy that didn't have to fly the sim.

Interviewd on Jan. 9 and got the phone call this afternoon and was offered the Feb. 6 and 20 classes...took the 6th!

Interviewed October 20th ....no call no letter. I finally called them for the bad news. Still no letter and it has been 3 months. I think most people have a better experience with Air Wisconsin but it is possible to fall throught the cracks. Or maybe it was the Post office.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back