Anyone Else Hear From World?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fit59,

Just curious, coming from the regional world, how have you adjusted to the longer flights on the MD11? Are you like me and do you get ancy after 2-3 hours? Are the MD11s equipped with any crew bunks or special seats for the longer flights? What's the longest sector you have had thusfar?

I prefer the longer flights to the multiple shorter trips that are flown at the regional's. You could fly 5 legs with a 14 hour duty day in the regional world and you really haven't gone anywhere. I used to do a lot of internaitioal non revving in my old life, its really what gave me the bug to go out and fly for an international carrier, so I knew what I was getting into!

The MD-11 pax aircraft have a bunk for the heavy crewed (2 capts, 2 FO's) trips. Being able to take breaks makes the longer flights more tolerable. You can get up stretch your legs even walk around for a little while.

I think my longest flight was about 12 hours. The Africa trips (IAH Luanda, Angola or IAH - Malabo) are much longer, I think 14.5 going, and 15.5 returing. They go very senior so I haven't flown it yet. With two crews you get about about 6 hours in the bunk so it isn't too bad.

Hey Fit....

so I've been here in FRA for a couple days talking with some FA's.....one of them told me that you should probably get into the clinic and get checked out---PRONTO. Something about a rash.

good luck, and try not to scratch.

Fit59 said:
I prefer the longer flights to the multiple shorter trips that are flown at the regional's. You could fly 5 legs with a 14 hour duty day in the regional world and you really haven't gone anywhere. I used to do a lot of internaitioal non revving in my old life, its really what gave me the bug to go out and fly for an international carrier, so I knew what I was getting into!

The MD-11 pax aircraft have a bunk for the heavy crewed (2 capts, 2 FO's) trips. Being able to take breaks makes the longer flights more tolerable. You can get up stretch your legs even walk around for a little while.

I think my longest flight was about 12 hours. The Africa trips (IAH Luanda, Angola or IAH - Malabo) are much longer, I think 14.5 going, and 15.5 returing. They go very senior so I haven't flown it yet. With two crews you get about about 6 hours in the bunk so it isn't too bad.

Latest resources

Back