• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone Else Hear From World?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've heard of several new classes at World. The first began last month, with another one supposedly begining on December 1st. One additional PAX MD-11 in the paint shop (not a lot of paint required for World!) and two freighters early next year with a rumor of two additional freighters at around that same time. Hope this helps.

fit59

Hey Reepicheep....finally!!

Come on down and join your USair buddies. The last two guys I flew with were from USair. They love it at World.

How do you guys bid for your trips? Are there regularly scheduled MAC trips open in bidding, along with regularly schedules cargo trips etc? I saw that you also flew NFL charters for Jax and Buffalo. Do you have cargo contracts for the DC-10s and MD11F's? It sounds interesting, and I have talked to a few of your guys at the ATL DL training center.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It sounds interesting...
It is, some call flying for World the best kept secret, but that's all I can say, sworn to secrecy you know.

How do you guys bid for your trips? Are there regularly scheduled MAC trips open in bidding, along with regularly schedules cargo trips etc?
Yes, the AMC trips known in advance are on the bid lines. Same with cargo. The pilots on-call fly the ADHOC AMC and misc trips.

I saw that you also flew NFL charters for Jax and Buffalo.
Yes, with Delta's two MD-11s.

Do you have cargo contracts for the DC-10s and MD11F's?
Yes, DC-10s to Europe and MD-11s to Asia.

Thanks, you guys always seem nice when I talk to you at the lunch line at the training center.

Bye Bye--General Lee

What are your domiciles at World? I had heard that you are home based. Does this mean World DH's you to a departure airport??

PUKE

reepicheep said:
I just got an email from them asking if I'm still interested.

Any recent info on goings on @ World?
Reep,

Any word on what type they would start you on (MD-11 or DC-10)? I've heard the MD-11 is a b!tch to land but great otherwise...

Some more ?s...

For those in the know,

I was called by Mr. Smithly for a possible interview, but by the time I called back, the interview slots were filled. We are scheduled to talk some more next week. I've done some searching on old threads and came up with some new questions:

1. Describe the Jr pilot's schedule. Saw somewhere that they can't hold reserve lines and that affects their days off (i.e. if you are sitting at home and they don't call, that was a day off).

2. On average, how long until you can hold a reserve line? What about a hard line?

3. Are junior schedules built to 65 hrs, or can you expect to get more in a month for pay purposes?

4. Any other things that you didn't know before you went there to work that you wish you knew before going?

5. I've read the 3rd qtr financials, and it seems like things are going good. Is that the feeling on the line, or are there other issues that you don't see in that report? What are your feelings on the longevity of the company, especially with the crazy fuel prices? It seems that the company is diversifying its business to lessen any effects of continued industry turmoil. Do contracts come and go fairly often?

I know that these are a lot of questions, but since I don't know anyone there, I'm trying to make an informed decision. I appreciate any info that you folks could give. It sounds like a great opportunity and the wife says to go for it. I look forward to possibly interviewing in the very near future. Thanks to all - PM me if you feel like it.

1800 RVR

How do you pack for such long trips?Do you wash your clothes on the road?And how long is a usual trip?

Latest resources

Back