• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any ex-waterskiers out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was furloughed from TSA and I'm at SkyWest now and I love it. To me, it's night and day. Especially if you live on the west coast. I didn't mind TSA either, good people to work with and it was good experience. However I think you would be happier at CHQ, SKW, QXE, or XJT. To give you an example, every person I flew with at TSA had a bad attitude all around, and it was for good reason. But no one I have flown with at SKW has had a bad attitude, it makes it easy to enjoy your job and not fill up with hate after two months. Good luck! If you don't leave try to keep a positive attitude, its not bad at all. Just don't let those scum bags fly on your airplane.

I was there from March 2006 until I got furloughed on May 31st, 2006. Best thing that ever happened to me! I'm now at XJT, holding a line, and will be making $34 in July as opposed to the $25 second year pay at TSA FOR THE SAME AIRPLANE! Good management team, good contract, good future, and quick upgrade at XJT. 3 months at TSA was long enough.

I was in Class with PSUpilot can attest to everything said here. Contracts dont even compare...you will surely make more money at XJT just due to the work rules. Have you sat Airport reserve yet at TSA? Did you enjoy all TEN hours?!? XJT is 5 hours.

Also, Maintenance is a big issue in terms of safety. Almost every airplane I flew on IOE at TSA had MEL's and I experienced many things breaking during trips. I have seen less MEL's/Mx items in 300 hours at XJT than i did in 40 hours at TSA. Food for thought. Even mechanics know it. I talked to CHQ Mx guys at CMH that said they would want to get on a HK airplane....

Get your time and leave for greener pastures. Id shoot for the big 3 being Skywest, XJT or any republic holdings company.

Good luck.

BTW PSUPilot: Did you ever get billed for your uniform? Someone posted that they got sent a bill...lol

Run mothf#cka run.....and I quote Samuel L. Jackson...Yeah get the hell out....TSA is great for the following reasons:

* Resume building
* Experience building
* Making lifelong friends

It does not compare to other places such as CHQ,SKYW, XJT, Horizon, etc. If youre a commuter all the more reason to leave. I miss my friends but I love my current company great pay and great flying and an upgrade that will hopefully stay fairly quick..but even if it takes a while to upgrade here at XJT i'll still be happy and not wishing to die in a drive by shooting at the Pear Tree.

Stinker
TSA Alumni Current Jetlinker

Another ex-TSAer (1 1/2 years) who left for the greener pastures of XJT. I'm from Texas and decided to come back home. I was more than a little happy when TSA didn't get the flying CHQ ended up getting, but I digress ... Better pay, schedules, planes, crew rooms, training, work rules, destinations, soon to have ?five or six? crew bases, etc... The crews are just as personable and fun as the TSA crews, but the problem is you'll probably never fly with that guy again. Hiring 600 pilots this year. Upgrade sitting pretty close to two years. I'll probably upgrade faster at XJT than I would at TSA even with a 1 1/2 year head start. Good luck.

leave...trust me. I left there after a year and don't regret it. I make more at SkyW on first year pay than I did at TSA. I could go on and on.

Latest resources

Back