Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JumpCaptain

I love tacos!
Can any ex-waterskiers out there tell me how life is better at a different regional? I've been flying here for two months and it doesn't seam so bad. Everybody says it's so much better at other places. Why? I'm trying to decide if I should stay or go. Thanks for the input.

-The Captain

I worked at TSA for over a year, started on the 41 then the jet, now I am at republic. Let me just give you a few reasons why it is better.

NO JUNIOR MANNING
CAN'T CHANGE YOUR DAYS OFF EVEN ON RESERVE
PAY PROTECTION FOR REASSIGNMENTS
NO INDIANS RUNNING THE COMPANY
NO ALTER EGO JETS ONE SENIORITY LIST
PEOPLE ARE HAPPIER OVER HERE NOT AS MUCH HATING OF THE COMPANY

don't get me wrong I didn't mind Trans States that much but some of the things get old, the pilots and flight attendents are awesome but that hindu, MW, RZ, and all the other managment scum is worthless.

I was there from March 2006 until I got furloughed on May 31st, 2006. Best thing that ever happened to me! I'm now at XJT, holding a line, and will be making $34 in July as opposed to the $25 second year pay at TSA FOR THE SAME AIRPLANE! Good management team, good contract, good future, and quick upgrade at XJT. 3 months at TSA was long enough.

God bless... 2 months and already looking for another job. Nothing like the instant gratification generation. Hang out for a while, figure out what the job actually is, then go elsewhere if you are so inclined.

I left TSA about 7 years ago, so even as a former 'Ski-er I would have little of value to tell you.

I was also furloughed from TSA and am at XJT. While I like this company alot more for alot of reasons: pay, contract, quality of life, etc... I do miss TSA because of the people who worked the line there. The people at XJT are nothing like the people at TSA, not to say there arent a ton of good people at XJT, but its so big that you just dont get to know people here like at TSA. With that said, I say stick it out at TSA for a bit longer, make some good friends youll have for the rest of your life and if you still feel like leaving, do it.

The crews at TSA are great. That is the only thing that keeps you sane. RJacobs is absolutely right that the other regionals crew aren't the same as the guys over at TSA. That is the only thing I miss. If you have been there only 2 months, you will soon find out why Frank Was Right. Save yourself the trouble and find a new job close to home. And if home is STL or RIC, go to chq. Everyone is hiring, so don't waste your time there.

I was there in the early 90's flying the brasilia and the 41 (brand new at the time).......Hulie and his team were just as f&&^%cked up then as they are now!

At least they are consistent!

I remember Frank telling the new hire guys in the jetstream 31......."Welcome to TSA, this is a piece of sh%$#t airplane for a piece of sh%$#t company" Classic!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back