Another one bites the dust...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck Brother.

As my Uncle used to say, may the worst of your future be the best of your past.

Let us know how they take the news and treat you on the way out.

I made the jump back to the business side of life. Don't regret it, better pay, holidays off and better insurance. It's nice to be a disinterested bystander in everything that is going on. No doubt, it's a hard move to make but those that are the hardest are usually the best moves one makes.

I wish they would write a book about what pilots do with their lives after aviation and distribute it to all the aviation schools for prospective students. They clearly believe a job making 300K a year is waiting for them.

Last edited:
Man, sorry this business is driving so many good people out. There's plenty of entry level stuff but there's a "glass ceiling" stopping the majority from moving on to the really good jobs.

Good luck to all.TC

I'm so glad to see a group of pilots with personal standards. If the industry were only composed of your types, we wouldn't have the BS treatment of pilots so common in the market today.

I used to say I'd be happy flying a 172 for my career, if it was the right job. Well, these days I'm looking for that job with waning hopes of finding it.

Good luck out there,

C

My New Years resolution is to get out of NutJets, I mean, Netjets.

I haven't totaly given up on flying just the company.

Lrjet55, I am glad to know that I am not the only one resolved to leave fractional aviation. I began this fractional gig five years ago. I have tolerated the RTA / FO merger fiasco and can stand no more of it.

I believe, after all this time, that the guys and gals flying for the fractional are doomed to a life of drudgery stuck bottom of the pilot pay scale as well as being harnessed to the beckon call of the latest K-Mart Cashier Reject manning a phone in the company ops center. These good folks will spend at least half or more of their lives away from home with nothing to look forward to except more of the same because of mediocre corporate leadership, poor share pricing plans designed to undercut the competition, and continued slow economic growth.

Last edited:
Whew... dodged that bullet

Boy, I almost went to the fracs and after talking to friends at you know who... plus these boards, I am very grateful to be in a cushy G200 corporate gig.. even with it's own flaws. But the pay is better, no PFT, execllent maintenance; and most of the time I am on call, I am on call sitting on a beach in Florida. The fracs management are nothing more than wanna-be airline execs. And we know just how magnificent airline execs are.

aeronautic1 said:
Boy, I almost went to the fracs and after talking to friends at you know who... plus these boards, I am very grateful to be in a cushy G200 corporate gig.. even with it's own flaws. But the pay is better, no PFT, execllent maintenance; and most of the time I am on call, I am on call sitting on a beach in Florida. The fracs management are nothing more than wanna-be airline execs. And we know just how magnificent airline execs are.
--------------------------------------------
The very worst of Fractional execs, as horrible as many of them can be, will NEVER come close to the best of the slimeball execs of the airlines, so trust me, there is no "wannabe airline" anywhere in this scenario. Airlines are fast on the way to being the modern day Greyhound, and show no signs of that changing in our lifetimes. You can spend your life chasing that illustrious "carrot" of big paying airline job forever, but those days are over. Finito. Gone.

Pilots will always want more pay, and better treatment...that is just the nature of the beast...however, I am sure most rational pilots would rather be dealing with the fractionals (and doing what they can to make their jobs/pay better if they see fit) than be furloughed from or dealing with airline cr*p these days...NOR would they want to be on call the amount of time that most corporate (or worse yet charter) gigs require. There is an extremely EXTREMELY small percentage of corp gigs that are actually the fabled "dream jobs" we all hear about, no matter what smack guys you blab with in the FBOs try to impress you with. Not having a good block of SCHEDULED days off doesn't sound like a good deal to me, no matter where you are "sitting" (unless it is at HOME and a regular thing (dream on) to sit at home).

With so many corp gigs going to the fractionals, I'd feel more secure at the fractionals (not that there is any security in any aspect of the industry these days). Sure they DO need to be paid more, but right now, so do a good percentage of pilots EVERYWHERE.

As much as everyone complains about their fractional gig, and laments about the sky falling...they still know they've got it a heck of a lot better than the majority of pilots in the entire industry right now, even senior airline pilots are left have to wonder if they'll have a pension, or also if the airline will find a way to restructure itself into a low cost model, and eliminate their "reality" as they know it. tick-tock, tick, tock. Sad, but true little reality check for all.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back