• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another one bites the dust...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The RCA debacle is a union/company negotiated hub system.

Its designed to have all current pilots fly out of their local apt provided they can get to EWR,ORL or LAX by 10:00am on their first day. (company buying the ticket of course). Those pilots who live within a 90 mile ring of those 3 airports and CMH or DFW would also receive a $6000 yearly incentive.
The catches are those pilots within those 5 hubs will be returned to their RCA by midnight where as non-rca pilot could be returned up to 3:00AM(regressive for 85% of the pilot group).
The kicker was this "deal" was only good for current pilots. Any pilot hired after ratification would be forced to move to one of those 5 RCA's or not accept the job. Have you seen what we make??? Have you seen what it costs to live in some of those areas.

Anyhow, that is the jist of it. There is alot more and it wasnt good for the majority of the pilot group.
Of course it didnt hurt that our old MEC already lived in CMH.

And ANOTHER One Bites The Dust...

It's been real brotha's and sista's but I'm gonna make like a baby and head outta this cess pool. I've found something close to home with better pay and benefits that will make me much happier. Actually, I've been quite happy for the past couple of months flying as a contract pilot on my days off. It was a wild ride but it's finally over. I learned a whole lot about jets, people, management types and myself during my tenure at FLOP's...so it wasn't a total wash. However, being that this is a small community I won't forget you handful of a$$wipes that made my life hell while I was there. You know who you are. You make life hell for everyone, not just me. What goes around comes around and I'm sure you'll get yours in the end. Maybe someday you'll be on the receiving end of my threats...now that'd be rad!

However, everyone else was an absolute joy to be around and I'll miss ya! Happy landings and I'll see you on the road!:)

We need to turn this thread into "another one gets smart or gets a life" because "bites the dust" is too negative for someone lucky enough to leave the frac business.

Latest resources

Back