• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight questions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i don't see how you could commute at amf.

working five days a week starting super early on mon and ending super late on fri. starting every work day super early and ending it late

working at amf... it becomes your life so you might as well live as close as possible to your base. sleeping 30 more minutes when you wake up before 4 am is heaven. pray that you have a layover in a city that fits with your lifestlye.

I commuted easily to OAK. I always had 205A/219 combo. I worked 4 days a week. The day would start at 1230 and would be done around 2050. I enjoyed that run... no layovers, just lots of flying. But then again, this was a year before 9/11 so cockpit jumpseat was open.

SWA exclusively... no problems back then. I gave myself 3 chances to get up to OAK, I'd be up there on the first one. I think maybe once I missed the first flight. Going back home was almost never a problem.

Ok, so any of you current or former AMF pilots, any info on crash pads in Burbank or surrounding?

I live in central cali, can't afford to pay the apartment rent in BUR area.

Any other ideas on cheap place to sleep at night?

Thanks

Joker997 said:
Ok, so any of you current or former AMF pilots, any info on crash pads in Burbank or surrounding?

I live in central cali, can't afford to pay the apartment rent in BUR area.

Any other ideas on cheap place to sleep at night?

Thanks

Oh sure... live out of a suitcase, and crash out at BUR pilot lounge. Those chairs can get mighty comfy, and it's free! Shower and shave at layover apartments/hotels, and sleep at BUR. :)

I was outbased but ended up in BUR overnight, and I'd crash out there, but then again more often than not, I'd end up flying thru the night if they needed a charter or some kinda deal.. However, there were some nights when I watched Leno or movies, pass out and sleep till they woke me up and told me my plane was ready around 5:30 in the morning...

Ah, the good ol' days! :cool:

Joker997,

How about checking the LA times for rooms to rent or post a thread in the crashpad section of the Flightinfo.com hangar.
Sympathise with you about the rental situation in the LA area, that's why I left the state.

The middle class should vote with their feet and let California rot in hell!

Latest resources

Back