• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Americas 10 worst Airlines!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
weird, i fly American and USairways and 10 out 9 are on-time. Great services.
****and I do not work for them****

Delta Air Lines

On-time performance: 75% (fifth worst)
Baggage mishandling: 6.6 per 1,000 passengers (eighth)
Cancellations: 1.5% (13th)

And they don't even serve LBB or MAF

CAL was not on the list. Expressjet was. CAL controls all of XJT's slots at EWR. CAL does a good job of making it look like they are never delayed. It is all a game of times and numbers. All most all the the busiest time slots with the longest delays are section and scheduled for XJT.

X

CAL was not on the list. Expressjet was. CAL controls all of XJT's slots at EWR. CAL does a good job of making it look like they are never delayed. It is all a game of times and numbers. All most all the the busiest time slots with the longest delays are section and scheduled for XJT.

X

All it takes to be number one in on time perf., is to build alot of sit time into the airplanes schedule. It costs money, but it makes it easy to say "We're #1"

CAL, bless em, is famous for this.

The thing that jumped out at me was that most of these (sans EJ) are how unhappy the work groups either are - or have been recently.

1. ASA - bitter dispute with new parent company SkyWest

2. ComAir - Recent crash - fate uncertain - DAL shopping for buyer.

3. AE - It's an AMR company - of course the employees are unhappy.

4. Mesa - is anyone really surprised they are on this list?

5. Express Jet - I'm a little surprised - I am sure CAL would rather delay/cx one of these flights then a mainline flight.

6. US Air - East pilots are PO'd - how much effort do you think they are making to make sure there flights leave on time?

7. AA - Again, no surprise that an AMR company has unhappy employees.

8. UA - Work groups took a beating in the last BK. From what I can tell from riding on the JS (not much) morale seems really low.

9. DAL - BK took a toll on morale - maybe they will be off the list next time if things continue to improve

10. AS - again bitter employees. Locked out ramp agents, bitter contract talks with pilots.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the groups that have generally happier employees (Southwest, Frontier, JetBlue, SkyWest, CAL) are missing from the list.

For me, the only surprises are the inclusion of Express Jet and the exclusion of Northwest or any of their express carriers.

Laters

I think expressjet made the list for the branded flying"Expressjet" not the Cal flying Expressjet. If you look at the picture it was a branded plane.

We're discussing this?

Why?

Forbes is trying to sell magazines and advertising. Period.

The people who might want to buy their magazine are not the top tier "captains of industry"...they are the people who are the middle-management toads or corner office wannabes who spend a good portion of their lives

a) Trying to get out of that @#$% cubicle!
b) Directly experiencing air travel.

The topic is a lure. It's an invented list designed to get road warriors to buy the magazine and buy the crap advertised on the same pages as that invented list.

Until they start addressing the real issues and realizing what is really going on in the industry then I hold no creedance to these types of articles. I treat them for what they are...sensationalist whining. USAtoday, national news, Forbes, etc. haven't a clue. They don't want to know.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back