• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle ..HIRING....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First, to the several individuals questioning the synthetic fuel the Air Force plans on using...

The Air Force has developed a blend of JP8 and liquified coal fuel, or liquified natural gas. The blends were tested in a B-52, then certified for use in the B-52, B-1 and C-17 fleets.

So far as I know, the present administration, along with the airline industry, aren't too interested in pursuing this technology because it isn't "green" enough. Bio-mass fuels are more politically correct.

Second, as a former AMR employee who left in 1996, what are the current health insurance premiums like? What are the copays...a fixed dollar amount or a percentage of the office visit? My present insurance, including higer costs to my family and me, are still better than what I had before leaving in 1996. I'm not considering a return, but that is something new applicants need to know about.

Do tell. What insulting TA's has ALPA signed recently? I'm curious.

ASA's and Mesa's for starters. And I believe ASA's was signed back before all the cutbacks were announced industrywide due to oil prices back in spring of 08' when the regionals had to lower mins to less than 500/100. I believe some were hiring at about 300/50. I guess the lives in the back of an rj aren't as important as the lives in mainline equipment. After all, you need about 2000 Jet PIC plus over 5,000 total, not to mention references up the wazoo just to have even the slightest chance at mainline. So much for supply and demand dictating wages.

AHHhhhhhh?? Dont forget UAL hiring girls with 350 HOURS?????
REMEMBER THAT?????

That doesn't count! That is "politically correct" garbage. And still today, all a minority or woman has to do is meet mins and they will at least be all but guaranteed an interview. And so continues the saga of the American white male paying for the sins of our fathers, grandfathers, great great etc etc fathers! Will it ever end?

And leave it for all the spineless people like you that don't have a backbone to start voting NO on these insulting TA's that management and ALPO are having you sign?
Pipe, what one of the major problems is, a lot of these young pilots are first generation pilots who have not done any research on the airline industry and the union. So when they get to the airlines, they're just in awe that they're living out their dream.
They have no idea what a TA is, let alone what their last contract contained and they also don't know or care what the other regionals contract contains.
They're just happy to have the job of their dreams flying a jet, and willing to sign anything as long as they keep their job. Sadly enough, it's around this time that management and/or the union tell the pilots that flying might be given to another carrier if they don't get a certain TA passed. They fall for the fear tactics and sign the contract. That's how these crappy things get passed.

Did you just say start somewhere? Well for those of you "starting somewhere" at Eagle, then prepare to be doing that "starting somewhere" ....
One day the place where pilot started their careers was usually flying night cargo, cancelled checks or traffic reports. There they had to build up enough time to get hired on a mid-level cargo carrier like AmeriFlight.
Well, now these guys are starting at the regional level and they see it for a great stepping stone for their career. You know how many times I have heard kids say "The regionals are a great place to gain experience and to build time." That scares me, because once you get to the regionals, you shouldn't be playing airline pilot, hauling passengers around on the east coast, to build flight time.
The regional pilot have had this mindset that they will only be at the regionals for 3-5 years and then move on. That mindset has help screw over their fellow pilots, because now its an "every man for himself" industry. Who cares about long term? I still don't get why contracts at the unions are modeled for 10-15yrs at a time, especially pay scale, chances are they will never be there that long.
But now the industry has come to a screeching halt, and no one will be moving anywhere for a LONG time. I talked to my friend at Comair, he said they have guys in the right seat who have been there for 14-15yrs.....of course they were downgraded.
For all you gung-ho regional airline pilots who think it's so wonderful, and continue to encourage these kids to get into the business, can you actually say that you are proud to tell people that you are an airline pilot when the topic comes up, when ultimately you have to explain to them that you fly the RJ's? And when you tell them who you work for, no one has ever heard of the company or have the faintest idea who they are?
Are you kidding? These are the guys who update their facebook account with their schedules. Post their self portrait picture in the cockpit. They can't wait to go see old family and friends so they can brag that they're pilots. Hell, they love going to parties and find anyway that they can slip in that they're a pilot. Even when they get pulled over by the cops "Excuse me officer, this is my drivers license and this here is my pilots license. I just wanted you to know that I am an airline pilot, and I have experience operating at very high speeds. So I know I was wrong for speeding, but I am very safe and skilled. And Officer, I'm a Union man, just like yourself. But I'm in an airline pilot union...". So in the end, yes, they LOVE telling people they're pilots.
Heck, when you have free time, read some profiles on Facebook. You'd crack up with how many times these guys inflate their job, position and duties.

ASA's and Mesa's for starters. And I believe ASA's was signed back before all the cutbacks were announced industrywide due to oil prices back in spring of 08' when the regionals had to lower mins to less than 500/100. I believe some were hiring at about 300/50. I guess the lives in the back of an rj aren't as important as the lives in mainline equipment. After all, you need about 2000 Jet PIC plus over 5,000 total, not to mention references up the wazoo just to have even the slightest chance at mainline. So much for supply and demand dictating wages.

To some of them, these aren't bad TA's.
You have to remember that a lot of these guys have been beatin and treated like crap for the last 5 years. The unions usually presents a TA or two for the pilots to view, and they scream and yell that it's crap.
Then the union comes back and hands them a slightly better TA than the previous options, and they say "Well, it's the best we could get at this time." or "We better take this one, otherwise the company is going to impose horrible work rules upon us." But before these guys vote on it, the ALPA reps make this TA sound a lot more impressive than it really is, like the old saying "You can polish a turd all day long, in the end it's still a turd".
Also, you beat these pilots long enough, then dangle a carrot in front of their face...eventually they will bite...and they did.

That has nothing to do with Eagle. Stay focused pipey.

That has nothing to do with Eagle. Stay focused pipey.

Then ask your questions a little bit more clearly next time, because I also thought you meant all of ALPA...Not just your local.
When you guys signed that gem of a contract for 16yrs, you didn't make a lot of guys happy.

Latest resources

Back