• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA sues SKYW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nothing more stupid than a pilot pretending he knows something about politics, and also thinking he is so smart that he can voice himself on a aviation slam board. morons......

I know enough about politics to tell that you'd be a great politician. After all the voters don't know what the hell is going on and they're too stupid to know what they want so lets just take care of these nasty issues for them. Heaven forbid the "little people" even try to take part in democratic processes they know nothing about. The arrogance is disheartening.

this is evidence of the 'us vs. them' mindset that is usually inherent with ALPA: 'do what we say or we'll strike, sue, or shut this mother down!' that is not the type of environment I want to work in, and I'm in the majority here at skywest.

I am surprised that they have resorted to this. I have friends on the OC, and I look forward to hearing their logic.

Why do you guys think this lawsuit would turn somebody off of ALPA?

Newman, first you say the OC is "whining" by filing this lawsuit, then you admit you're "whining" to the FCC. You're a hypocrite. You don't speak for me, and every time you post what the "majority" of pilots feel at SkyWest, you prove to every reader that you are delusional.

Not only do I disagree with your posts, but you really come across as a moron.

The lawsuit turns us off to ALPA because they are already acting like they represent us when they do not. This lawsuit is a preview of how life with ALPA will be at SkyWest and it ain't pretty. They are going to quickly turn it into a hostile work environment. They are trying to sue on our behalf. We did not hire them nor request them to go on this wild goose chase trying to get SAPA shut down. If SAPA was truly illegal don't you think ALPA would have played that card years ago? Maybe they really are that stupid that it took them 35 years to finally figure it out. Basically if ALPA shows up it is going to be a bunch of chest thumpers telling us what to do and only polling the other chest thumpers to justify their position.

The OC is whining because they are basically saying they are not being given full access to the pilots. ALPA flyers are all over every crew room. Somehow they get our phone numbers and harass us weekly. Those who have alpa stickers on their bag are not told to take them down. ALPA people already post on company message boards. They even occasionally put stuff in v-files. What a few of us in Chicago did was different. We specifically requested to be left alone yet we still get phone calls demanding that we sign our cards. We get phone calls from the wilson polling center after repeated instructions to not call us. We gave them plenty of chances to leave us alone yet they still persist. We informed them we were on the DO NOT CALL list meaning we do not want to be solicited. They refused to stop harassing us so we filed a group complaint with the FCC. The next step will be filing a union harassment complaint if they don't quit bugging people who do not want to sign cards. If the OC simply leaves us alone we will drop any and all complaints. The OC doesn't have much legal ground to stand on since they already have full access too all company message boards. The company does not interfere with the union drive at all but they certainly do not have to help the union out either. BTW was the majority of the pilots even asked for opinions before this lawsuit was filed?

I would like to take a moment and thank the OC for doing this. They look even more like bumbling fools now and this just sealed the fate of this union drive. ALPA is too nervous to hold a vote because they know it probably won't pass. I never said I spoke for everybody, just the majority. If the majority truly wanted ALPA then they already would have been voted on the property. I am going to laugh my ass off when 50%+1 of our pilots vote the union down. BTW if SAPA really is illegal and it took these retards 35 years to figure it out we still don't want them representing us anyway. Maybe this is why ASA has been in negotiations over 5 years with no end in sight LOL. If it takes them 35 years to figure that out then who knows how long it would take to get a contract LMAO.

That is correct. I think this move will actually be the death blow to the organizing effort. Even members of the OC aren't confident they will ever get the cards they want. This move has already turned a lot of people off. Why are they trying to shut SAPA down when the majority of pilots have not asked for it? I would like to thank the members of the OC for making our jobs easier. For us, the majority of SkyWest pilots who do not want ALPA here we now have a lot less convincing to do. I still don't see how they are suing on behalf of the pilots when the majority did not even request it.

There isn't one person here that hasn't been bombarded almost to the point of harassment by the organizing effort. I don't see how they can say they are being hindered with a straight face. A lot of us ORD employees have already filed a complaint against the FCC as we are on the do not call list yet they persist in calling us after repeated instructions to not call us. They keep harassing us to sign cards when we do not want to. We are already in contact with the proper channels to keep this at bay If anyone needs some help drop me a line. This is equivalent to a bunch of whiny babies who are trying to salvage a union drive that has almost no chance of winning.

Turn off the radio. Maybe, everyone does not feel the same as you. If you have confidence that it want pass, then why do you care? Apparently, the company was not complying with the law. The real test is whether the temporary order is upheld and made permanent.

Newman, you were turned off ALPA long before this lawsuit came around.

The lawsuit is simply about forcing SkyWest to follow the law. I still don't understand how demanding SkyWest follow the law would make somebody on the fence turn against ALPA.

Newman, you were turned off ALPA long before this lawsuit came around.

The lawsuit is simply about forcing SkyWest to follow the law. I still don't understand how demanding SkyWest follow the law would make somebody on the fence turn against ALPA.

They are acting as if SkyWest has been the big bully and tearing up all their fliers and firing anyone who has an alpa bag tag on. The company has for the most part stayed out of this union drive. I hardly ever see an email from them. They are already allowed all the access that is requested in that lawsuit. No one deleted any ALPA stuff on the message boards. The only reason ALPA laynards aren't allowed is because it is uniform policy to allow NO laynards. It's not an anti-ALPA thing it's a uniform thing. I will give the OC credit they certainly chose a good court to file this one in. San Fran is as liberal as they get so I will give them points for at least getting the right judge.

We all know ALPA is talking to every newhire class, posting on the message boards and calling all the pilots. We all can see this as one last pathetic attempt to breathe life back into a union drive that never really had a chance anyway. If SkyWest was truly interfering with the effort then fine. The problem is they are not being hindered at all. They are giving us a preview about the living hell our life will become if ALPA gets voted in. BTW kiss any growth goodbye if we have ever have these clowns running the show. It speaks volumes when OC members are leaving for non union airlines like JetBlue and Virgin America. This is more of a vendetta than anything.

The lawsuit turns us off to ALPA because they are already acting like they represent us when they do not. This lawsuit is a preview of how life with ALPA will be at SkyWest and it ain't pretty. They are going to quickly turn it into a hostile work environment. They are trying to sue on our behalf. We did not hire them nor request them to go on this wild goose chase trying to get SAPA shut down. If SAPA was truly illegal don't you think ALPA would have played that card years ago? Maybe they really are that stupid that it took them 35 years to finally figure it out. Basically if ALPA shows up it is going to be a bunch of chest thumpers telling us what to do and only polling the other chest thumpers to justify their position.

The OC is whining because they are basically saying they are not being given full access to the pilots. ALPA flyers are all over every crew room. Somehow they get our phone numbers and harass us weekly. Those who have alpa stickers on their bag are not told to take them down. ALPA people already post on company message boards. They even occasionally put stuff in v-files. What a few of us in Chicago did was different. We specifically requested to be left alone yet we still get phone calls demanding that we sign our cards. We get phone calls from the wilson polling center after repeated instructions to not call us. We gave them plenty of chances to leave us alone yet they still persist. We informed them we were on the DO NOT CALL list meaning we do not want to be solicited. They refused to stop harassing us so we filed a group complaint with the FCC. The next step will be filing a union harassment complaint if they don't quit bugging people who do not want to sign cards. If the OC simply leaves us alone we will drop any and all complaints. The OC doesn't have much legal ground to stand on since they already have full access too all company message boards. The company does not interfere with the union drive at all but they certainly do not have to help the union out either. BTW was the majority of the pilots even asked for opinions before this lawsuit was filed?

I would like to take a moment and thank the OC for doing this. They look even more like bumbling fools now and this just sealed the fate of this union drive. ALPA is too nervous to hold a vote because they know it probably won't pass. I never said I spoke for everybody, just the majority. If the majority truly wanted ALPA then they already would have been voted on the property. I am going to laugh my ass off when 50%+1 of our pilots vote the union down. BTW if SAPA really is illegal and it took these retards 35 years to figure it out we still don't want them representing us anyway. Maybe this is why ASA has been in negotiations over 5 years with no end in sight LOL. If it takes them 35 years to figure that out then who knows how long it would take to get a contract LMAO.

The only one: "acting like they represent us when they do not", is you!! Not ALPA.

Just for clarification, are the members of the "SkyWest Pilots ALPA Organizing Committee" actually from ALPA or are they SkyWest pilots who are trying to bring ALPA in?

My thoughts exactly. ALPA is not representing skywest, so I think its the skywest pilots who are sueing skywest.

If you are going to argue a point then you need to know what you are talking about. Based on what my friends at skywest are saying the company is harassing them about pins, access to crew rooms, access to new hire info etc.. You know very well that the company is banking on the new hires not to send in their cards. After all they are told they will upgrade and leave in 2 years. The people who are actually the back bone of the company and are career skywest pilots support ALPA for the most part. Its not ALPA suing Skywest its Skywest pilots doing it. Also, you don’t to get vote no against ALPA, if you don’t vote, it counts as no vote. That’s the fvcked up thing about the RLA. So even if the vote does not go though it does not mean people didn’t want ALPA, it means that the ones who really cared voted some forgot or were too lazy and the rest didnt want ALPA. Now if pilots could actually vote yes or no the results would be much different. No one is trying to get rid of SAPA. Most of the companies Biaches have already been pushed out anyway from what I hear.

You need to stop with your old rant about ASA, and Mesa. I pray that the likes of JO don’t get a hold of Skywest while it’s without a contract. As for the ASA guys, the have a contract and sooner or later they will get a new contract. Having worked at Mesa hardly qualifies one as an union expert. You just gargle the same BS you hear from other jacks. I’ve talked to the likes of you before. You have taken a stance and are fighting a cause that will only hurt you at the end. However, your type is usually the first to cry wolf after you have failed upgrade 2 times a row.

Last edited:
When a friend of mine was hired at SkyWest a management type came into his new hire class and told the new hires point blank that "if ALPA is voted in the growth will stop" I'm sure there are many people that have witnessed events such as this.

It is not difficult to cross the line of hindering organization efforts, the law basically requires that the company say/do nothing, a requirement that most companies find impossible to follow.

Anyone can file a lawsuit for a violation of the RLA either individually or collectivelly. In this case it happens to be the group of pilots that are trying to organize you into ALPA. They do have a right to sue the company.

The RLA does not allow a carrier to fund it's own "union" which SkyWest clearly is.

All the judge is going to ask is...okay, so if SAPA is a union, then where is the CBA?

Oh, there isn't one...WTF!

To say that this is a frivolous law suit is....firvolous

good luck

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back