• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scope is always a non-starter for management. It's their control, which they value more than anything. If you want to take it from them, it's going to cost you. But no one is ever willing to pay what it costs. Everyone thinks they can get 20% pay raises and big scope improvements all in one contract. Sorry, but it doesn't work like that.

Well we didn't get either of those ..:(

I think you miss the point: scope is so valuable to management that if you want big scope improvements, you're not only not getting a 20% pay raise, you ain't getting a pay raise at all. That's how expensive scope is. That's how valuable control is to management. It'll cost you big. You ready for the expense?

Understand, I'm not arguing against fighting for scope. I think nothing is more important than scope. But I'm willing to make the sacrifice to achieve it. Most pilots aren't. They want it all. And that's just not how things work with the RLA.

I was willing to take no pay increase .. Even with the company record profits .. If we got real scope...

You're a rare bird. But good for you. At least you have conviction on the subject. I respect that.

Does anybody know where I can buy a double wide in south atl?

Really

No joke

As the day is long

Serious

Fo rizzle

I think a double wide might be too sophisticated for you. Maybe you should get the single and work your way up.

You do realize that they didn't give up any scope, right? If Alaska management had wanted to outsource fifty RJs, they could have already done it. They didn't need this new contract to do it. The idea that suddenly the RJ floodgates are going to open at Alaska because of this contract is devoid of common sense.

It's pretty hard to give up something (scope) you never had in the first place.

but Alaska Airlines is still one of the quickest upgrading airlines in the nation, second only to LUV. You want high suck? Look at some of the 20 plus years it takes to upgrade at some of the other airlines.
I realize that most will disagree with me. .

Actually Hawaiian is by far the quickest in the industry right now. That type of thing always changes dramatically from year to year, but HA has enough airplanes on order with their A321 neo's coming that it is still probably a relatively quick upgrade.

Latest resources

Back