• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, less than 12 hours before we embarrass ourselves and take a huge Schitt on our careers and the profession as a whole. Congrats ALPA!!!! You fked us AGAIN!!

We're hiring!

Wanna come try it out with no CBA? It's a party!...:rolleyes:

5 years from now, when we earn about 40k less a year than the currently bankrupt American Airlines Pilots perhaps you'll see the idiocy in voting for this POS. call me a stupid, ******************** throwing mountain gorilla, but I thought that the pilots of arguably one of the most profitable and successful airlines on the planet could be compensated on par with currently BANKRUPT carriers.

Please let me invite you to take your smug, ignorantly arrogant, condescending, Anchorage bush league, amateur, attitude and shove it up your ass. Some of us do this for the money and not for the compensation of a little penis and high school bullying. GFY. Take ALPA with you.

This is sum good chit!

tens of thousands of mainline legacy pilots who have been furloughed are wondering just that, what happened to their jobs going to RJ fleets. I bet AK has more than fifty RJ's flying inside five years connecting the lower 48 dots.

You do realize that they didn't give up any scope, right? If Alaska management had wanted to outsource fifty RJs, they could have already done it. They didn't need this new contract to do it. The idea that suddenly the RJ floodgates are going to open at Alaska because of this contract is devoid of common sense.

You do realize that they didn't give up any scope, right? If Alaska management had wanted to outsource fifty RJs, they could have already done it. They didn't need this new contract to do it. The idea that suddenly the RJ floodgates are going to open at Alaska because of this contract is devoid of common sense.

What would be "devoid of common sense" would be to ignore history.

Alaska wants to get rid of the -700s. What will fill that gap? Less frequent -800 or -900s? What does history say?

So why was scope apparently a non-starter this time around?

It was a nonstarter for C'09, it's just that fewer pilots were aware of how lacking our scope has always been. Fewer guys pushed for it last time, because there wasn't a third party operator running around with a 'mo on the tail. Heck, there wasn't even a wholly owned subsidiary running around with a 'mo on the tail. I don't know how many captains I had educate on what scope is and why we needed it.

AK737FO wrote.

"They are looking for 10% ROIC."

Do you know how they achieved this 10% number?

How many people this affected?

It didn't begin with Kasher.

Scope is always a non-starter for management. It's their control, which they value more than anything. If you want to take it from them, it's going to cost you. But no one is ever willing to pay what it costs. Everyone thinks they can get 20% pay raises and big scope improvements all in one contract. Sorry, but it doesn't work like that.

Latest resources

Back