• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CAL was 5 years pre-merger. Spirit is 2. Virgin is 2. Delta is 13. SWA is 10.

Didn't realize CAL had been so quick. HA has widebody Captains in just under 5 years. Good point about the upstart airlines, they actually have pilots that made Captain in 1 day, if you count their first classes.

Did anybody else notice they quietly added a new route out of SEA today?? SEA-HDN, will be served by SkyWest!! The hits just keep on a commin' man!!!

SWA upgrade is about 20 years for those at the bottom, 12 years to get 50% up the FO list for those at the bottom. SWA is about the slowest moving list in the industry with no plans for fleet growth as of now. It looks like the Big-3 legacy carriers will be the best place to be once hiring gets in gear a couple years from now, they represent the best combination of compensation and career progression. We have to hope the ball gets rolling and keeps rolling.

Spirit's upgrade will be more like 2.5 years for those hired in 2011. Pretty decent for an airline that has been around for over 20 years.

SWA upgrade is about 20 years for those at the bottom, 12 years to get 50% up the FO list for those at the bottom. SWA is about the slowest moving list in the industry with no plans for fleet growth as of now. It looks like the Big-3 legacy carriers will be the best place to be once hiring gets in gear a couple years from now, they represent the best combination of compensation and career progression. We have to hope the ball gets rolling and keeps rolling.

Couldn't agree more about the big 3 legacies, my guess AA in particular is going to lose the most and therefore hire the most. I would think anyone who gets on with any of those carriers will fly up the list. Pretty much has to after the huge gap since they hired last translates into a very old seniority list.
Hawaiian has laid out that they will go from a list of about 650 to a little over 1000 by 2020. Not sure how many retirements we have, but one thing that will keep anyone from getting too stagnant is they hire all ages, up to pilots being hired in their fifties. So their won't be a big block of all young pilots when the expansion slows. But we sure won't be hiring at the rate the big 3 will.

Couldn't agree more about the big 3 legacies, my guess AA in particular is going to lose the most and therefore hire the most. I would think anyone who gets on with any of those carriers will fly up the list. Pretty much has to after the huge gap since they hired last translates into a very old seniority list.
Hawaiian has laid out that they will go from a list of about 650 to a little over 1000 by 2020. Not sure how many retirements we have, but one thing that will keep anyone from getting too stagnant is they hire all ages, up to pilots being hired in their fifties. So their won't be a big block of all young pilots when the expansion slows. But we sure won't be hiring at the rate the big 3 will.

Remember in consolidation, 1+1 doesn't = 2. Delta nwa combined at what, 14,000 and now are below 11k?

Love how the MEC sends out email saying now that contract is settled "and we settled for no increase in 401k " ? it's a good time to up you personal contributions ... These guys I tell ya.. I'm saving the flyer they sent to us At home ... Gonna did it out in a few years and show it to everybody as a De ident doc ..and see how many people think it was put out by the company ... If you didn't know alpa wrote it you'd swear it was from the company ...

Love how the MEC sends out email saying now that contract is settled "and we settled for no increase in 401k " ? it's a good time to up you personal contributions ... These guys I tell ya.. I'm saving the flyer they sent to us At home ... Gonna did it out in a few years and show it to everybody as a De ident doc ..and see how many people think it was put out by the company ... If you didn't know alpa wrote it you'd swear it was from the company ...

HA!! Just saw the email. It should really read, "now that we fked you over...with your permission btw, and given our stunning failure to provide you any additional retirement benefits, you really need to pick up extra flying to bump your 401k savings"

F'king idiots. The day ALPA implodes I'm popping the champagne.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back