• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not much dissent at the road show. Negotiating committee has their game tight. This will pass.

Yes voters are out of their minds. This contract could possibly last 7 years...that's about 25% of an entire career...and it sucks. Why the FK would anybody vote yes to this?

Yes voters are out of their minds. This contract could possibly last 7 years...that's about 25% of an entire career...and it sucks. Why the FK would anybody vote yes to this?

The NC has their responses put together very well I heard. Not much for the naysayers to latch onto. I heard lots of talk in the hallways but nothing to back it up with the NC presenters.

Saw another crew .. Both said they were not happy but that it was ok and they will vote for it .. This group has no guts ..

This airline does not want its 2 big labor groups possible going to mediation at the same time .. Send it back and they will come back and say ya you called our bluff.. Here is more money to keep you happy cause scope sucks .. And your not getting it..

Last edited:
I hear a lot of "oh, I think this TA sucks but I'm voting for it because we won't get a contract for another 2 years or so; time value money blah blah blah....". Spineless, weak, and retarded. We deserve what's coming to us. Sad.

I hear a lot of "oh, I think this TA sucks but I'm voting for it because we won't get a contract for another 2 years or so; time value money blah blah blah....". Spineless, weak, and retarded. We deserve what's coming to us. Sad.

It's is the best time ever to get what we deserve and I feel like it gonna get pissed away .. Why was the company so quick to come back to the table .. The very next day .. And say let's make a deal .. After they rejected our offer before .. Cause they know its a good deal .. For them ... And we handed it 2 them .. I can't believe our Alpa guys think this is ok ...

It's is the best time ever to get what we deserve and I feel like it gonna get pissed away .. Why was the company so quick to come back to the table .. The very next day .. And say let's make a deal .. After they rejected our offer before .. Cause they know its a good deal .. For them ... And we handed it 2 them .. I can't believe our Alpa guys think this is ok ...

I just don't get it. In the history of this pilot group, we finally have the leverage to turn this around and our own own guys want to just roll over.
If you have a good product, would it not sell itself? The product presented to us is such huge turd, they are trying their damnest to sugar coat it but when poked with a stick, the true identity is revealed. Rotten to the core!

This is third hand, but I was told the NC explained why they agreed to each section...with much detail and facts. My concerns on 401K, vacation pay, scheduling efficiencies and FO pay were not addressed (or remembered) by my source who went. I did not agree with their scope stand explanation which was based off future airframe number orders. But, since I didn't go and this is third hand, take it with prudence.

I feel your pain. You can get in line behind all US new "UAL" pilots and shove your head up your asss as well.

With regard to the road shows any thing can be spun. What will stand up in court is what is written and agreed upon in the contract. If what is written in black and white is not what you want then don't vote for it!

Latest resources

Back