• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It seems like they stacked the pay in favor of the capt's because they have more votes! I think they could have done a little better on the pay for FO's!! Most Capt's I'm talking to don't seem to have a clue about scope protection! They just don't get it, or they just don't care!!

I can't imagine the FO's voting it in .. A few will .. So we need like 15 percent of the captains to say No and we should just have enough ... ?!?! I hope ..

It seems like they stacked the pay in favor of the capt's because they have more votes! I think they could have done a little better on the pay for FO's!! Most Capt's I'm talking to don't seem to have a clue about scope protection! They just don't get it, or they just don't care!!

The captains know about Scope but many of them, in all honesty, just don't care. For one reason or another, they seem to think that they are immune from it. For the senior group, Scope doesn't matter and it shows. The cold truth.... a lot/most of them just don't care about anyone junior to them; ones who do are a small minority. It takes a big heart to care and it saddens me to see all the true colors come out of some of my favorite captains.
This TA should be a wake up call for all FOs and junior captains.

The captains know about Scope but many of them, in all honesty, just don't care. For one reason or another, they seem to think that they are immune from it. For the senior group, Scope doesn't matter and it shows. The cold truth.... a lot/most of them just don't care about anyone junior to them; ones who do are a small minority. It takes a big heart to care and it saddens me to see all the true colors come out of some of my favorite captains.

Yep. Hard to willingly accept getting fked by Kasher a Decade later. But that's apparently OK with our useless union. FK Alpa, and FK this TA.

I don't think most CAs know about scope. The ones that do know think that it''ll just be broken one way or another.

Mesaba tried to kill our scope in the 1113c process and the judge said, "NO!" It kept an alter ego from receiving any of our flying.

I recall the NC banging their drums about protecting our flying during emails leading up to this TA. Then we get this POS and there is nothing to protect our flying. We currently have a non-union pilot group flying jets with ALASKA painted on the side and an Eskimo on the tail. Horizon is moving up to fly out of ANC through the interior.

Seriously people, does anyone think this is the end of our outsourcing? The company is doing their best to keep the moves small until we sign a 5 YEAR CONTRACT that gives away our flying and concedes major productivity gains to the company. We need to "WAKE UP" as a pilot group. All of this spells a smaller pilot group, longer upgrades, longer reserve, lower quality of life, displacements from base, longer duration as a commuter, etc. I'm just not seeing the upside for a few dollars more. In fact, it seems more and more like a massive sellout.

This benefits exactly 3 parties: Management, MEC Officers, and Senior Captains.

PLEASE VOTE NO.

The best description thus far has been, a steaming pile of dung with festering puss oozing from it and $100.00 bills covering the pile!

The closer I get to this pile, the worse it smells and when you peel a hundred away, you see the puss oozing from it!!

Vote NO!!!!!

Last edited:
You can vote No Today!!!!

Heard from some guys that the union expected a 30 percent no vote before they put this thing out ... So I hope another other 20.01 percent will as well .. I just voted ... Soo simple and fast !!! NO!!!!! For me...

Last edited:
Just voted no today as well. As good as it feels to finally be able to vote NO, I am now concerned about the silent majority out there that may be on the fence. Seems like the most vocal are the ones that are definite NO's. The guys who don't really want to talk about it are the ones that worry me. Get the word out about AK737.com. Some very good information there.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back