• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots will own the SW upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWAPA did what was best for swapa. To hell with the pilot groups. Now we have bunch of ticked off people and swapa saw no harm done. My view of swapa as of recent is akin to a used car salesman.

SWAPA did what was best for swapa. To hell with the pilot groups. Now we have bunch of ticked off people and swapa saw no harm done. My view of swapa as of recent is akin to a used car salesman.

That would be kind. My view of swapa is akin to that of a kapo

A kapo or prisoner functionary (German: Funktionsh?ftling) was a prisoner in a Nazi concentration camp who was assigned by the SS guards to supervise forced labor or carry out administrative tasks in the camp. Also called "prisoner self-administration", the prisoner functionary system minimized costs by allowing camps to function with fewer SS personnel. The system was also designed to turn victim against victim, as the prisoner functionaries were pitted against their fellow prisoners in order to maintain the favor of their SS guards. If they were derelict, they would be returned to the status of ordinary prisoners and be subject to other kapos. Many prisoner functionaries were recruited from the ranks of violent criminal gangs rather than from the more numerous political, religious and racial prisoners; those were known for their brutality toward other prisoners. This brutality was tolerated by the SS and was an integral part of the camp system.

Prisoner functionaries were spared physical abuse and hard labor, provided they performed their duties to the satisfaction of the SS guards. They also had access to certain privileges, such as civilian clothes and a private room.[1] While the Germans commonly called them kapos, the official government term for prisoner functionaries was Funktionsh?ftling.

Wow, you have lived a privileged stress free life without a hint of stress or true hard work if you can relate anything from this job and SWAPA to the SS and labor camps. You can really tell the guys that have never had a ******************** job in their life. Let me guess: private schools, Embry Riddle, a job in your parents friends jet, then on to SWA where you are being screwed by everybody and possibly human rights and Geneva convention violations. Please tell us more.

I love it. Go over the cesspool that is APC and you've got DPA supporters claiming that independent unions like SWAPA are a panacea, and then you look here and you've got SWA pilots comparing SWAPA to servants of the SS.

Here's the reality: every union is just its members doing the work of the pilots to the best of their ability. I'm no defender of SWAPA, but it certainly isn't the evil that you make it out to be. No union is.

You have ONE pilot comparing SWAPA to servants of the SS. You do realize there are almost 8000 of us right? Drives me nuts they flight info speaks for all pilot groups. Only a dozen or so SWA or AT pilots post on her regularly.

Then speak up! It's your union, too.

I just read. Rarely post. And I spent 6 years ALPA and now 10 with SWAPA and they are both necessary evils. Have to have em but don't have to agree with them. I'm only one vote. Have to live with what the group decides. Continue on.

Wow, you have lived a privileged stress free life without a hint of stress or true hard work if you can relate anything from this job and SWAPA to the SS and labor camps. You can really tell the guys that have never had a ******************** job in their life. Let me guess: private schools, Embry Riddle, a job in your parents friends jet, then on to SWA where you are being screwed by everybody and possibly human rights and Geneva convention violations. Please tell us more.

Hahaha

Yeah, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

Latest resources

Back