• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Opens App Window April 1st 0900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is the worst thing that can happen to them?
Airtran management could get sued by AAI shareholders if they tank this place and take AAI's stock price from $5/share to nothing.

They shut down Airways and keep all the money they already made plus severance?
Wrong, Airtran has over $1 billion dollars in debt that doesn't just disappear when management wants it to. Also, remember most of upper managements compensation is in the form of AAI stock, some of which hasn't vested yet. The top 15 guys at Airtran have around 2.5 million shares of AAI. That is alot of money to lose if they tank this place.

Considering that Airtran barely is able to run their 138 aircraft now with around 1,400 bidding pilots, do you really think they are going to be able to replace 1,000 or so guys quickly? We need management to come up with a business plan, obtain airplanes, and choose routes to fly them on while management needs us to fly airplanes safely and efficiently. If either side screws up or withdraws their services, Airtran Holdings starts bleeding money real fast. Why shut down a money making business that made on average a little more than $10 million a month in 2009?

PILOT PAY IS A FRACTION OF THIS AIRLINE'S CASM, AND WILL REMAIN SO LONG AFTER THIS CONTRACT IS SIGNED
Not exactly true. Pilot CASM at Airtran is about 10% of total CASM and the amount of money we are talking here is in the tens of millions of dollars per year.

To get this amount of money out the company, it is going to take a fight. Management is not going to say here you go, have fun. They will give it to us only after we pin them into a corner.

Save your money. You have about 4-6 months to top off your strike fund.

It's posted, Completed and submitted @ 1615 EDT of course it didn't hurt that I managed to sneak in an application when they briefly opened it back in Jan. for the floaters in the pool. The app. was just a little different than the last so it looks like you need to resubmit if you are in the same boat.

This guy states in prior posts that he was hired at UAL in 2000. He says he was about 200 on the seniority list at that time at Skywest. He has been furloughed twice from UAL and was in the netjets hiring pool. This guy might be worth some work to find out who he is to make sure he gets a no vote from the inside.

Actually upper 200's to lower 300's.

I'm still able to get it to pop up.

Was going to post the link but I think it is incorporating my IP address. So wont.

But from the Air Tran page click: careers

Then current openings...for me it's the 2nd position listed.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back