• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Opens App Window April 1st 0900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MAnagement will drag this out through the busy summer season to keep mediator happy then tell pilots to pound sand in fall. They will have new hires that were either unemployed and desperate or guys that quit jobs to come here. They are betting that financial reality will be greater than idealistic rhetoric and they will fly as newbies. Plus the few scabs that would gladly fly 100 hours a month, plus the guys that are just scabs in waiting that see opportunity to get in good with company and make lots of extra cash flying open time, plus there might be some that will be offered upgrade and will take it. You never know the true human heart until it gets ripped out. I hope none of that happens. I hope I hope I hope. I do not believe management is scared or worried or impressed about a strike vote. What is the worst thing that can happen to them? They shut down Airways and keep all the money they already made plus severance? Or better yet, AAI just starts alter ego airline that is non union and all the Republic scum of the earth fly them? This is going to be bad for us period.

Spoken like a true management lapdog.

You speak like the FI version of Fox News. Fear mongering, the sky is falling, doom and gloom, etc. etc. The ATN pilots are more unified than you think. We'll handle it and the outcome will be in our favor.

APRIL FOOLS! 1423 et and no pilot positions posted. Yep I bit it too! I HAVE A FAMILY TO TAKE CARE OF! so ya gotta do what you gotta do! Since airtran is alpa, I would gladly cross the line! Where were they when my job was OUTSOURCED DOMESTICALLY? rooting to keep jobs from being outsourced overseas.

MAnagement will drag this out through the busy summer season to keep mediator happy then tell pilots to pound sand in fall . . . blah, blah, blah

Time to grow a set, son, get up off your knees, and stop being afraid.

This airline is making money and will NOT take it to the mat. Boeing, and the Big shareholders won't let them.

PILOT PAY IS A FRACTION OF THIS AIRLINE'S CASM, AND WILL REMAIN SO LONG AFTER THIS CONTRACT IS SIGNED.

Educate yourself, have some confidence in your fellow pilots, and stop living in fear.

Ty

APRIL FOOLS! 1423 et and no pilot positions posted. Yep I bit it too! I HAVE A FAMILY TO TAKE CARE OF! so ya gotta do what you gotta do! Since airtran is alpa, I would gladly cross the line! Where were they when my job was OUTSOURCED DOMESTICALLY? rooting to keep jobs from being outsourced overseas.

This guy states in prior posts that he was hired at UAL in 2000. He says he was about 200 on the seniority list at that time at Skywest. He has been furloughed twice from UAL and was in the netjets hiring pool. This guy might be worth some work to find out who he is to make sure he gets a no vote from the inside.

Talked to our C.P. minutes ago...
He said HR was having problems setting up for the expected response to the open window.
It has been delayed a bit. He wasn't specific until when, but the feeling I got was that it should be up later today. More as the news develope...

Sorry about that. airtranjobs.com, do a search for open positions under flight operations and it will come up as First Officer with a link to apply.

Nope. Tried that. I don't need a job but I did notify several people about this opportunity... This is all that comes up after searching "flight ops" at this website:

https://airtran.taleo.net/careersection/10060/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en

Potential Milwaukee Based Flight Attendant

Full-time
US-GA-Atlanta

Job Posting:Mar 19, 2010-Requisition ID 090010GB

Apply|Add to My Job Cart

Aircraft Router

Full-time
US-FL-Orlando

Job Posting:Mar 16, 2010-Requisition ID 1000103Z

Apply|Add to My Job Cart

Crew Scheduler