• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC voted no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I find it funny that so many are arguing over this now. There may be a fix in the process but it may get arbitrated. I, for one, am at peace right now because it is out of my hands. What I have that many here, on both sides don't, is faith. I have faith that this will work out and my life will continue. I have given this to God.

Now, I live in ATL and have unfortunately had to dodge commuting on AAI because some there have shown me the same level of immaturity as some of them have seen with our group. My commute sucks right now because I don't know what to expect if I show up at an Airtran gate. I will always be polite and keep the politics out of it. Come ride on my plane anytime and I'll make sure you are treated right. When I smile it's because I'm generally a happy person, not because I am smug. If I say welcome to the family, I mean it. Even if I am just non-revving, I always stop by the cockpit because I think they should know I am on board, not to gloat or confront. Just remember that when one of us shows up to beg for a ride don't blame us for this situation. It was not my idea.

Back to lurking, commuting and having faith.

I'm sorry that you have to worry about jumpseating on AT out of ATL. Whatever happens with this process the relationship between individual crews on jumpseats, at airports, on hotel vans, etc. should remain professional. As pilots we all have a lot more in common than we have differences. It's sad to see things come to this, I don't think it does any good for individual crews to be debating these issues with pilots from the other company or treating pilots (or any other employees at their own company or the other) differently because of this......what does it solve, how does it help the process? Can't we all act like adults, agree to disagree about some things, and let the negotiations happen at the table? Personally, I would be very disappointed with any co-worker who took out their frustration on an employee from the other company by being anything less than friendly and professional, that's just not helpful in any way.

This is a difficult situation and it's causing anxiety for everyone but we can't let that turn into hostility. This is going to get done one way or another and the ultimate success of the combined company will rest on the ability of all of us to put this behind us and work together in the future. These people are your future fellow employees, let's not forget that.

Double false. PA does not require integration. Remember the "barring economic realites part"?

Triple false! (see how easy that is ;) )

The PA does require integration. Review Section VI.(a). There is no "barring economic realities" part.

was it worse or better than date of hire. if it was better then maybe airtran should have taken it. (i know its more complicated than that). if it was worse then maybe a southwest guy could explain.

was it worse or better than date of hire. if it was better then maybe airtran should have taken it. (i know its more complicated than that). if it was worse then maybe a southwest guy could explain.

Far worse. Most AirTran guys lost 3-4 years from date of hire.

False. We have a Process Agreement signed by all four parties that requires the company to accept and implement the SLI.

FALSE, The pilots of SWA will use any and all means to block an arbitrated SLI. Even turning this place into a usair/amwest.

ok. thanks alpa guy. not really sure how that is fair and maybe a southwest guy can explain. but atleast it gives us something to talk about in ground school.

PCL,

At your encouragement, your MEC has rejected the only document that guaranteed integration.

Ask Jack, he'll tell it to you straight.

Far worse. Most AirTran guys lost 3-4 years from date of hire.

It's a matter of perspective... They WERE actually gaining years of SWA senority they don't currently have... Next offer should be a 7 year shift back... If ALPA turns that down then perhaps losing all the years is appropriate. ALPA got greedy and turned down DL777 pay at their longevity to fly a 717. There are many of us that would love to fly a narrowbody at widebody rates... Good luck with this folly!

Now, I live in ATL and have unfortunately had to dodge commuting on AAI because some there have shown me the same level of immaturity as some of them have seen with our group. My commute sucks right now because I don't know what to expect if I show up at an Airtran gate. I will always be polite and keep the politics out of it. Come ride on my plane anytime and I'll make sure you are treated right. When I smile it's because I'm generally a happy person, not because I am smug. If I say welcome to the family, I mean it. Even if I am just non-revving, I always stop by the cockpit because I think they should know I am on board, not to gloat or confront. Just remember that when one of us shows up to beg for a ride don't blame us for this situation. It was not my idea.

Back to lurking, commuting and having faith.

JBall,

I can assure u that you will be quite welcome on my jumpseat. If AnYONE gives you a problem and I find out about it, it WILL be taken care of. Let's be professional folks.

AirTran Maintenance Station Realignment
[FONT=Tahoma,Tahoma][FONT=Tahoma,Tahoma](August 10, 2011)—The Company informed Maintenance Employees today of the decision to cease AirTran Maintenance operations in Indianapolis and Boston effective June 1, 2012. Based on the demands of the combined Southwest/AirTran network moving forward, it has been determined that Maintenance can support activity in the Northern part of the country through the current operations in Chicago (MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), and Baltimore (BWI). There are currently no plans to close additional AirTran Maintenance locations. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma,Tahoma][FONT=Tahoma,Tahoma]As the June 1, 2012, date approaches, Maintenance will work with each of the eight affected AirTran Employees and their Union leaders to find another AirTran location that is right for them. We thank each of these Employees for their ongoing efforts to maintain the Safety of the AirTran fleet, and our Fellow Employees join together in supporting their efforts to stay within AirTran. Relocation within the current Southwest network is not allowable at this time, due to separate unions and collective bargaining agreements. [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma,Tahoma]Each of these Employees will need to evaluate what is best for his/her particular circumstance, but the bottom line is that we will take care of them. It’s what we’ve been doing at Southwest for more than 40 years and what we will continue to do throughout the integration with AirTran. As we have said since we announced our acquisition of AirTran, we intend to provide AirTran Employees an opportunity to work for AirTran, and eventually Southwest, even though some of the opportunities may require a change in location or position. [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma,Tahoma]Thank you for everything [/FONT]
[/FONT]
Your dreams of keeping it business like are coming true, due to these guys unwillingnes to talk, they are now lucky to be moved over to ramper or lav truck driver. It's just business. This is what happens when you play around the margins.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back