• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC voted no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sooner, the offer wasn't even close to date of hire.

Nor should it be. In my opinion it should have been more of a seniority gain for SWA pilots. It's not even apples and oranges, more like apples and Slim-Jim's. Oranges are in the same classification as apples, this acquisition is not.

JBall,
I don't talk SLI with SWA J/Ss. If they ask, I say my MEC speaks for me.
You, and all pilots are welcomed on my J/S anytime.

Where does it say this is a merger?????

Get a F(ckin life.....Hope you all rot

This came from SWA employee via Facebook:

I don't usually post that much but I will now again (and probably may regret it LOL. At ********* and any other SWA person that is hung up on Acquired versus Merger. I asked Gary Kelly about the difference between the two and what his perspective is on it (since he is the tip of the spear and all else follows him). When I say that I Asked him, I mean I Stood not 5 feet away from him and verbally asked him face to face. Gary (your CEO and mine too) said that it is true, we acquired Airtran but we acquired AirTran with the intent to Merge. That meant we entered into and steered this process right into a "Merger". Whether there was any other avenue we could have taken is unclear and I didn't ask because it's completely irrelevant because here we are now being led by our Executive Leadership into a Merger. Whether or not you think that is right or not is equally irrelevant. Your Leadership made a decision and is moving forward. Either accept it or don't, but to argue the matter is to be out of alignment with your employer. Those of us who have welcomed this process with open arms and hearts are not "crack babies" or "punch drunk", we are simply following the Corporate Vision towards our Future. Of Coarse there are two sides, and they both are meeting and going to make decisions. Why would you begrudge the other side for having hopes and opinions?
Tuesday at 5:36pm

Nor should it be. In my opinion it should have been more of a seniority gain for SWA pilots. It's not even apples and oranges, more like apples and Slim-Jim's. Oranges are in the same classification as apples, this acquisition is not.

And now we get to see if a panel of neutrals share your views on you fruits and us Slim-Jim's .

It's a matter of perspective... They WERE actually gaining years of SWA senority they don't currently have...

Please, make that argument to the arbitrator.

FBC, DC9 and others. Thanks for the reassurance. After the last experience I had, I really began to question whether or not we can work together. I know we can if we remember we are all along for the ride right now. I hold no ill will toward anyone at either airline, I would hope that the same can be said toward me. I'll be back Monday to try again! Thanks for keeping it professional on the line!

This came from SWA employee via Facebook:

Of Coarse there are two sides.....

You will not gain any ground here by:

1. Quoting Facebook :puke:

And

2. An idiot who can't spell "of course". :rolleyes:

You will not gain any ground here by:

1. Quoting Facebook :puke:

And

2. An idiot who can't spell "of course". :rolleyes:

So....now your fellow SWA family member is an IDIOT. Is that because he is a ramper or something? Cause he doesn't "pull serious coinage"? You guys...

I hope GK is reading this. They need to divert the culture department's attention from ATL to SWAPA.

captain kiwi. are you saying that date of hire gives them more seniority. one of their guys said it results in a loss of some percentage. now i am confused more. and when you say a loss of all their seniority do you mean they should be stapled. is that still legal after american/twa

alot of us here talk about the industy while sumping the tanks on the airplane and trying to remember if we left our knee boards in the sporty's bag.

some of us would like to know the following.

is releative seniority unfair because alot of southwest guys are retiring. are any airtran guys retiring. and is that what airtran is asking for.

what is wrong with date of hire and is that what southwest is offering. to the airtran guys. if you are even with a guy hired the same year as you dont you both still have your seniority.

before you say shut and do your mag check we just wanted to get some insight from you guys that are titans in the industry.

Sooner- DOH doesn't recognize that for most of us- it took years longer to get the swa job than the AT job. And that has been the case throughout the history of both airlines. That would be relevant if we were receiving equal gains- throw in our MUCH better contract, schedules, stress free mgmt and going DOH with any amount of equality isn't close to fair.

At the snapshot date, AT stopped hiring in April of 2008. SWA hired through
OCT 2008, hiring an additional 300(?)- DOH would give ATs bottom pilots and 300# seniority cushion for getting hired at the smaller, weaker carrier and then getting bought.

I will NOT attack the skill and dedication of the AT pilots- they sincerely deserve our respect for making the AT operation what it is- but the jobs are not remotely equal- and we argue that the years longer it takes to get the swa job is a valid seniority argument.

Latest resources

Back