• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC voted no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heck, internally your own unions vote against agreements all the time, does that make them anti-SW?
No, because they are IN SWA at the time.

Nothing like biting the hand that was going to feed you. Good luck with that.

Oh, and every SWA union who ever voted down an agreement, has ended up with less after it was all said and done.

Fubiaxx2198118 said:
I guess you "forgot" the cockpit jumpseat is issued entirely at the discretion of the CAPTAIN. If he didn't want two, he didn't have to take two. Perhaps your jumpseat coordinator knows more about the "rules" than you do, Junior.

Wow actually that is not true azz wipe. If Alaska is only going to allow one JS to SWA ,SWA will do the same w/ Alaska. The problem is that the said pilot would not pursue it. It sounds like your the type to deny JS. Shows a lot about your character

This agreement had nothing to do with SWA pilot seniority.

Only mine and ours at AAI.

6000 getting a 10-15% bump at the expense of 1800 getting -25% to -38%.

Where is it written by the gods that the SWA pilots have to get anything out of this merger???????????

Just worry about losing what you have. Now arbitration might have something to do with SWA seniority, so you guys should participate in mediated talks. Don't be greedy motherfekers. Just because we "could" get more money than what we have now is not at your expense, so why should you get a bump? I just don't get this attitude over there.

SWAPA was not fighting in that agreement for your seniority. Only to take mine away.

We don't have 18 year FOs here and 6 year Captains, so don't exaggerate these issues. We have 8 year Captains and 10 year FOs, so not coming to an agreement would be foolish for the company's sake. Stop thinking about yourselves and that you have to get something for this.

Lets be honest here.

The bump was less than 10-15%. The average loss was less than 30%. Additionally, the numbers are skewed from relative.

I understand that 'perception' is everything, but can we grow up a little. It's not that personal guys. Jeez! The ATN MEC voted based on the AGREEMENT in front of them. That's it, nothing else! The vote against the agreement was NOT a referendum on a SW career, person or anything else. Heck, internally your own unions vote against agreements all the time, does that make them anti-SW?

Music,

I really have enjoyed your posts and I appreciate your efforts. Unfortunately, it is viewed as personal here and very much so. While I cannot state how it is viewed in the big D, I can tell you how it is viewed on the line. Knowing Southwest pretty well, I can certainly believe that Dallas feels the same way.

Frankly it would have been better if the pilots themselves had voted it down. The MEC represents the pilots and voted based on the opinions of their pilots. So, yes, the pilots have rejected SWA. Additionally, it appears as there is a third party who has interjected themselves into the process and who elects to stand in the way of progress and luv.

Very personal -Extremely.

Wow actually that is not true azz wipe. If Alaska is only going to allow one JS to SWA ,SWA will do the same w/ Alaska. The problem is that the said pilot would not pursue it. It sounds like your the type to deny JS. Shows a lot about your character

Shows a lot about sacha'a character as well since he threatened to deny a jumpseat.

I find it funny that so many are arguing over this now. There may be a fix in the process but it may get arbitrated. I, for one, am at peace right now because it is out of my hands. What I have that many here, on both sides don't, is faith. I have faith that this will work out and my life will continue. I have given this to God.

Now, I live in ATL and have unfortunately had to dodge commuting on AAI because some there have shown me the same level of immaturity as some of them have seen with our group. My commute sucks right now because I don't know what to expect if I show up at an Airtran gate. I will always be polite and keep the politics out of it. Come ride on my plane anytime and I'll make sure you are treated right. When I smile it's because I'm generally a happy person, not because I am smug. If I say welcome to the family, I mean it. Even if I am just non-revving, I always stop by the cockpit because I think they should know I am on board, not to gloat or confront. Just remember that when one of us shows up to beg for a ride don't blame us for this situation. It was not my idea.

Back to lurking, commuting and having faith.

Lets be honest here.

The bump was less than 10-15%. The average loss was less than 30%. Additionally, the numbers are skewed from relative.

Agreed. 9% was the highest seniority gain, most got around 6%.

Hey, but let's not let facts get in the way of a good emotional, if not truthful argument, eh JT?

Hey, you should wear that "Delta and Alaska suck" badge the next time you come looking for a jumpseat ride.

I don't ride either, and I believe that the Delta guys I know would buy a "DELTA SUCKS" lanyard. I don't know any Alaska guys, are they all Inuit?

Latest resources

Back