• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran 737 Captains voting "NO"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another Statement to stir the pot where do u get this shi!t? I'm a737 Fo and haven't flown with one no voter yet.

Then you haven't flown with me yet! I was realistic back at the start and didn't want to overreach, but this deal is an embarrasement. Its truly sad to work with such a spineless group!!!

Even more pathetic is that there are probably SWA guys that think this deal is unfair to them and will vote no.

Then you haven't flown with me yet! I was realistic back at the start and didn't want to overreach, but this deal is an embarrasement. Its truly sad to work with such a spineless group!!!

Even more pathetic is that there are probably SWA guys that think this deal is unfair to them and will vote no.

You bet your a$$ there are SWA guys that think this deal is unfair and you bet your a$$ I just voted NO. I cant wait to hear your ALPA talking points on how any of this BS sandwich is fair to any SWA guy.

Tell me what we got out of this deal ?? and please dont tell me ATL....I dont give a rats a$$ about ATL.

We acquired you, gave you a big pay raise, better everything and what do we get from you.......a loud typical ALPA NO we want more, we deserve more, we are entitled to more, we demand more........until the big smack down.

You fools are lucky to be here, dont forget during the Frontier deal you guys were begging for a staple now look at you. ALPA sold you down the river and cost you a bunch of $$$$$$$ and if your not careful it could be a bunch of jobs too.......good work ALPA.......you suck

To all the citrus guys and gals .......please vote NO

Last edited:
You fools are lucky to be here, dont forget during the Frontier deal you guys were begging for a staple now look at you. ALPA sold you down the river and cost you a bunch of $$$$$$$ and if your not careful it could be a bunch of jobs too.......good work ALPA.......you suck

To all the citrus guys and gals .......please vote NO

Man, you are one unhappy chick . . . . . I doubt it has much to do with this merger . . . it's just the way you are put together.

Must suck to be you. :crying:

Last edited:
Man, you are one unhappy chick . . . . . I doubt it has much to do with this merger . . . it's just the way you are put together.

Must suck to be you. :crying:

Not true Ty......we had a great deal going until this ******************** sandwich was forced on all of us, you guys won big we get nothing and you demand more. You guys would not be happy if we were stapled to the bottom of your list. ALPA guys can never be happy, that is the ALPA deal, keep the group riled up tell them the deserve more tell them SWA owes you more and the bitching list goes on for ever.

You guys were acquired, and saved from your own rotten existence but before you get here you want us all to take a major hit all the way around because we should be so thankful that you are coming on board.

We all paid major dues to get on with this company, and you guys had it all handed to you and look at you .......still not happy or thankful, just greedy and unhappy. We here at SWA worked hard to make this company what it is and you guys want a major piece of it for just showing up. GMAFB.

The power of the ALPA koolaid is stunning, its going to take a long time to for the effects of it to wear off and in some cases is will never wear off.

You guys will be malcontents over here forever, I just hope you all stay in ATL or FL forever.

Please vote NO

We all paid major dues to get on with this company, and you guys had it all handed to you and look at you .......still not happy or thankful, just greedy and unhappy. We here at SWA worked hard to make this company what it is and you guys want a major piece of it for just showing up. GMAFB.

Please vote NO[/QUOTE]

I've heard this a few times now and was wondering if a SWA guy could help me out on this.....what "major" dues besides buying your type rating did you "pay" to get hired at SWA? What "major dues" or sacrifices does SWA demand of their pilots that everyone else apparently did not have to pay? Not trying to flame but just what is it that makes you SWA pilots better than everyone else in your own heads?

Please vote NO

I've heard this a few times now and was wondering if a SWA guy could help me out on this.....what "major" dues besides buying your type rating did you "pay" to get hired at SWA? What "major dues" or sacrifices does SWA demand of their pilots that everyone else apparently did not have to pay? Not trying to flame but just what is it that makes you SWA pilots better than everyone else in your own heads?[/QUOTE]

Good question, you started it out right by pointing out the 737 type, then there is the requirement for 100 PIC turbine.....we dont hire FO's we require pilots that have captain time before applying....then there is the point that we all came here because it was a stable company with a happy for the most part work force not bent on burning down the house. We came here not based on the contract that allowed pilots to not work and get paid.

We all think we have a special place to work and dont want to see the lazy, dont want to fly, burn the house down, bitch bitch bitch ALPA routine that we see from all the other airlines.

The Citrus guys are coming over here bringing with them a ALPA attitude, a desire to burn the house down and demand more, more, more, fight with management and never be happy because they were not given every thing they demanded.

Look back in the day allot of guys went to the airlines that ALPA controlled, for the money for no work rules, big pensions and all that, now all that has changed, we find ourselves on top and look here, those same pilots now want on over here for the $$$$$ and when they get here they will start trying to change this place demanding ALPA get in over here and screw this place up just like it did the other airlines.

I have no doubt that as soon as the Citrus guys get on here if we are that unlucky they will start wanting ALPA to help them burn the SWA house down

Last edited:
The Citrus guys are coming over here bringing with them a ALPA attitude, a desire to burn the house down and demand more, more, more, fight with management and never be happy because they were not given every thing they demanded.

Actually this sounds to me like most of the guys SWA has hired in the last few years: ex-APA and ALPA "me me me" guys that read Nuts one weekend and can shut up long enough for their squadron buddies to get them in. Or guys influenced by ALPA at regional airlines that now think it's all about them -- and that they created it. Read it on these forums...

Except that no AirTran guy can be a 737 CA til after Jan 2015.

More than half of the captains at AirTran will be captains all the way to Jan 2015. It will just be on the 717. At current 717 pay rates. And due to the way that SWA seat vacancies are filled, it will take a LONG time for them to be displaced out of that seat once 1/2015 rolls around, and even then it will be at SWA pay rates. (in case you don't know, if there is no growth, or seasonal adjustment on the 717, the NOBODY, regardless of seniority, will be moving into the 717 (nor anyone leaving the 717) even when 2015 gets here). If you are a 717 guy, and you vote yes, and bid the 717, you will have a very protected and happy place for a long time to come.

If AT votes "no" then I'd worry about the 717 guys having jobs.

GD'it Flynvixin. You are one miserable SOB. Your vitriol over anything ALPA leads me to believe that you are probably an Eastern scab.

ALPA has given the ATN pilot group FAR more than they have gotten in return. But you aren't here...so STFU already.

This mess can be laid at the feet of a number of culprits, either individually or collectively depending on how one looks at it. Some examples would be: The MC for not leaving Dallas when things got out of hand; the MEC for not giving proper direction and allowing unrestricted autonomy; or even to some of our own pilots who never stood up for anything in their lives. But to blame ALPA, like your misdirected anger shows time and again, is patently false.

And why do you constantly bi*tch about being harmed or not getting anything? You aren't the one losing 510 CA seats, we are; thanks to your greedy union. You aren't the one not getting paid the same rate to do the same job. And you aren't the one looking at downgrades. So spare us your cachopony of kvetching.

Aircraft + Aircraft Orders + Markets + International Ops + Growth = a pretty strong cohesive and defensible position against the other big boys on the block (DAL,UAL,AMR). That is what ATN brings to the table.

You can come down off your pedestal now and join the combined ranks moving forward.

Latest resources

Back