Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
0.25 Mach CFI said:
nick,

just so you know, you DO NOT have a job. you have a training spot in a class at airnet. that means nothing yet! if you continue to ask airnet and your instructors the same questions, i guarentee you WILL NOT EVER have a job.

by the way, you very well could be next to me in an airplane as SIC. it appears you need PIC time to be 135 qualified and I assure you that you WILL NOT touch my airplane, so good luck with that well-needed PIC.

i have also read one of your previous posts regarding "135 minimums being set-in-stone." if you reference FAR 135, you will find that 135 mins are indeed law. that is why they are in the front of the bible and not a suggestion in the AIM. the idea that you are short hours, yet you feel you are employed as a PIC is total nonsense. the first day of training you will list your hours to show that you are not 135 PIC qualified. in fact, that alone will put you at the bottom of the list for your airnet class, giving you the last choice on a base.

on a nicer note, let me explain the SIC program. Most likely, you will be in CMH. You are not a "floater" until you are employed as a PIC. In the meantime, you will fly runs in any plane while you log time until you are PIC qualified. also, do not come to CMH with the word "floater" in your vocabulary. "floaters" are now reserve pilots as with any other airline.

peace.
Maybe.... turn the testosterone down a little pal.

He obviously has questions about his new company and is trying to get answers. As far as the 135 in stone stuff, you're right ITS THE LAW!

It is sad to say that we have people like 0.25 flying for our company. People who think they are gods gift to everyone. Wake up junior...let me know who you are and if you are "lucky" enough to fly with me as my SIC in the jet i will treat you with the same respect you are giving others here. You would never touch the controls in my a/c, you would do nothing but throw gear and drop the flaps.

Everyone that comes out of training has gone through the same info, same sims, same checkrides and everything. So why would you not let an SIC fly the plane?!?!?!?

However he is right in the fact that you will not be an employee until you pass that checkride. As well, you will most likely not receive a base until you get the 135 mins and take the PIC checkride <--- same one as you took when you did your SIC checkride, except now they check PIC qualed on your 135 letter.

Buckeye70 said:
I know of a company that flies 310s and TBMs five nights per week, pays their pilots VERY well, and has a VERY small turnover. I imagine their training costs are VERY low as well. Most people have never heard of them. What is the difference? The difference is PEOPLE.
I know of the company you are talking about, in fact I had the opportunity to jump on a few TBM runs for a few nights from the southeast up to the northeast. Amazing - the pilots REALLY know their stuff!

The reason there is very small turn-over is because they pay so well, their senior guys are making more than ANY regional senior captain in the U.S. with much better benefits.

However, you're comparing apples to oranges. They are a Part 91 operation and the company is a $4-$5 billion corp. whose business is NOT aviation and depends on their pilots to keep the company running - they can't afford to have pilot shortages.

~wheelsup

.25 chill a little

Yes it is true that the training dept. hates those questions, and yes its true that he should know the answer to the 135 question, and yes its true about not haveing a job yet. You do know that you were wondering the same questions about were you would live and fly when you went to training as well. It is rediculous to expect someone not to worry about were he is going to be liveing, is it not. You might as well tell him not to worry about getting paid. And the way you are comeing off it seems like you are in the training dept., and are a little bitter about that. .25 try to remember when you first got to Airnet. And try to relax a little will ya. Your a freight dog, your not supposed to get worked up about anything. Nick, here is some advice, worry about all of these this, but do not ask your instructors about it. They are not there to answer those types of questions, and it really does piss them off. If you want some good answers PM me and I will do me best to answer them. Things will fall into place for you, and Airnet does take very good care of there people, once you are one of there people. Airnet unlike most regionals does not consider you an employee untill you pass your check ride, keep that in mind during training.

Well said $$$4nothin, but watch the spelling bro. Everyone has questions when you start a job, just don't get off on the wrong foot. The other pilots at the base will tell you everything you need to know. It seems to be just the way things are. Learn enough to get through training, and your buddies at your station will tell you how best to do things.

all good answers since my last post, but one thing...try to learn as much as possible now. As labbats said, your buddies at your station will help out some, but what if you get an outbase where you are the only pilot. You really should know as much as possible before heading out into the world here at airnet.

starchkr said:
It is sad to say that we have people like 0.25 flying for our company. People who think they are gods gift to everyone. Wake up junior...let me know who you are and if you are "lucky" enough to fly with me as my SIC in the jet i will treat you with the same respect you are giving others here. You would never touch the controls in my a/c, you would do nothing but throw gear and drop the flaps.
Where do I sign up? It sounds like a great deal! I'd love to have you do all the flying. I would be getting the same pay either way, flying or not!

PS, have spent MANY hours in the back of the Learjet sleeping while flying USC131 many, many years ago. Sleeping bag and a couple of pillows were required equipment on that run. You be surprised how comfortable you could get those bags of checks when they were laid out just right.

Latest resources

Back