• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin TA Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, Our contact offered lot's and lot's of targets for the company to cut away. Duty Rig, Trip Rig, Min day, some vacation stuff and more. Our options were to keep the good stuff, with minor adjustments, or lose it for a shorter contract. It will be easier to hang on to the goods longer instead of giving them up only to have to fight for them again in a shorter contract. A goal was demonstrating long term stability to both UAL and potential financiers of future aircraft.

No one is happy, but we did what we had to do.

S.

P.S. the TA does not take effect until UAL awards us future flying based on the bid AirWis (and all the other carriers that are interested in UAX flying) is awarded. We're GUESSING the TA pay and work rules will take effect in August or so.

Last edited:
Beechnut said:
but we did what we had to do.

Yep. Isn't that what the Mesa guys said? And you, and Whiskey Driver, and others (mcpickle, etc.) screamed bloody murder. And called them all sorts of names. And bragged about what YOU would do, how you would never settle, you would shut the f*cker down. No ultimately, you just "did what you had to do".

Now, I'll just sit back while you all crawfish and tell us how "this is different". It's not really different. It just exposes you all for the pathetic hypocrites that you truly are.

Okay, I'm not getting into a P----- contest with a bunch of Mesa pukes. Part of the reason we had to do this is because Mesa's pilots have already sold out now we have to compete. This is damage control. Mesa had an opportunity to at least have an AVERAGE contract, and completely caved in. The result, current and future UAX regionals have to compete with you. Had you stood up, we would all be much better off.

As it is, Our Concessionary TA is still much better than your brand new, toughly fought, well deserved new contract.

S.

P.S. Go back and quote me where I said I would help shut down Air Wisconsin if they asked for an agreement. Don't quote Whiskey Driver, as you did not attack him as you have me. I would like specific date, thread and quote.

Thank you.

Last edited:
beechnut you hypocrite. blaming mesa for your crappy contract?!?!

does whiskey have its own negotiating team or are you mesa's bitch?

Beechnut...

First off, I am not a "Mesa puke". I don't work for Mesa and never did.

I was not "attacking" you, or anyone else for that matter, individually. When I say you, I mean "you all", plural. Any and all of the AWAC pilots that were screaming on this board about the Mesa pilots, and pointing out that the difference is not as great as you would like to believe.

If makes you feel better to continue blaming them, when you (all) are no different, then that's even more sad and pathetic than before.

G'day.

Would it be tooo extreme to believe that anyone associated with UAL is going to go down with the ship?

And where were the 14% that didnt participate in the vote? That's weak!

wow. We wait to hear your excuses. Or your apoligies. Or maybe, just maybe, if you have any sense about you you'll keep your mouth shut.

Mesa will be three years into their next contract when yours become ammendable...maybe they can raise the bar for you?

enjoy your lunch.

I dont even know why I came to this board? If I wanted a pissing match then I guess I am in the right place. If you want specific information then PM me or Beechnut. This contract is written in such a way that it can be seen as terrible at first sight. You have to read it close. I figure I will be making the same if not more than I am now two and a half years from the date of this contract. BTW, this contract does not even come close to Mesa or Eagle, and even has a few improvements over our old one. It has provisions to raise our pay over the years with the rest of the industry, if it recovers. Didn't Delta just annouce it wants like 29% from its pilots. Don't even think it wont trickle down the the Delta regionals eventually. Also, all you commuters, we will have unlimited jumpseaters if it comes into effect. PM me for details if you would like.

I guess you AW drivers forgot to SHUT IT DOWN. But yes I know, its Mesa fault you did not shut it down. Just wondering, was JO accepting your votes?

Latest resources

Back