Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age limit will increase to 67 by years end.

• Thread starter pave driver
  • Start date
  • Watchers 42

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still don't what the question is? BTW Something we agree on, ability declines with age, just not uniformly. To set one age as a the cut off ignores the more rapid decline of some of the younger pilots. One standard for all regardless of age.:laugh:

Tilt your head back further so your trifocals will allow you to read the entire post. His question was in the part you snipped off.

Don't worry either, no one wants your seat.

Tilt your head back further so your trifocals will allow you to read the entire post. His question was in the part you snipped off.

Don't worry either, no one wants your seat.
1st class medical, no limitations including glasses so I don't have to look through my tri-focals. Do just fine without glasses.

ATFQ yip or just shut it- you're a one trick pony.

And yes- if I'm doing their job, and making the decisions in spite of them- I ought to be making the money they are. Why do you refuse to admit that pilots like all people decline with age?

I asked you a very straightforward question many posts ago: you highlighted your cargo schedule where pilots in their 20's and 30's were catching naps to make it through. And I asked, "true, but who could handle that schedule better, yip at 30 or yip at 60?

Says volumes that you won't answer.

Here's the thing fellas- we know what this group is. So WE have to take from them now. It is the only remedy for that generation of leeches

Here's the thing fellas- we know what this group is. So WE have to take from them now. It is the only remedy for that generation of leeches

"Take from"?

Of course, the corollary is that the same generation GAVE five years BACK to our profession (which had been unfairly/illegally taken away in 1959-60). Five YEARS is huge in an age where retirement depends on asset accumulation via 401k, etc.

So, you might say "Thank you!"

The complaint might better be presented as an implementation issue than the age change itself. Implementation went through many iterations over the past 15 years, but what we ended up with was more a reflection of political reality tan so-called "greed".

Now...

back to my coffee.

Of course, the corollary is that the same generation GAVE five years BACK to our profession (which had been unfairly/illegally taken away in 1959-60). Five YEARS is huge in an age where retirement depends on asset accumulation via 401k, etc.

So, you might say "Thank you!"

Let me be the first to thank you and your generation for an additional 4 years of furlough.

Let me be the first to thank you and your generation for an additional 4 years of furlough.

You're welcome (written just as sarcastically as was your post).

Perhaps your airline furloughed due to the age change impact on your training department. Perhaps. The biggest impact, by far, was the worst recession since the Great Depression. That was not the fault of older pilots. Obviously.

But NOT ALL airlines furloughed due to training issues. Not even most did. Some airlines (perhaps just as many?) continued to grow and hire or at a minimum endured the status quo.

Re retirements and "training furloughs" you were at the wrong airline, Andy. It's tiresome to hear you keep pounding that drum. You picked the wrong one, or it had contracts with training clauses that proved to be damaging...or you were just unlucky.

Many thousands in my generation got unlucky, too. The '80 and '90s were a bloodbath. My airline vanished forever and I started over. I got over it.

60 should never have happened; its change was long overdue; some folks got hurt and that's a damned shame but...

That's life.

Laker, you are a poster child for the narcissism that permeates throughout your generation. You can 'rationalize' it any way you like, but a LOT of people were hurt by your generation's 'gift.'

Laker, you are a poster child for the narcissism that permeates throughout your generation. You can 'rationalize' it any way you like, but a LOT of people were hurt by your generation's 'gift.'

And a lot were helped.

Long term, ALL airline pilots' career was extended. Spare me your self-centered and short-sighted angst. You were with the wrong airline and the wrong place in space and time. It happens.

We've all seen hardship in this career. Blame it on Carter and deregulation. In the meantime, calling me (my generation) narcissistic won't cut it. We've seen too much to be impressed.

Latest resources

Back