Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age limit will increase to 67 by years end.

• Thread starter pave driver
  • Start date
  • Watchers 42

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Andy, you may think you are going to quit at 60, but mark my words when you get there, if you have created a good life that balances time with family, leisure time and you still enjoy flying, you'll keep flying.

Oh no. Don't call him a hipocrite.

But, you know that he is.

"It's Unsafe, It's Unsafe," he is saying now, but you know when the time
comes that he is going to keep flying.

And he will blame it on someone else.

What does that tell you?

Last edited:
B scale, scope were not deals worked out by unions to protect the senior guys?

We have hired guys approaching 60. Bunches in the their 50's.

And if things work out, you too may be old someday.

god willing yip- and I'll for sure be sailing and flying my moony or fill in the name personal aircraft I want to enjoy

Why not hire 65+ yip? Can you? Don't know if you're 121 or 135?

Why not 60+ in any case

Oh no. Don't call him a hipocrite.

But, you know that he is.

"It's Unsafe, It's Unsafe," he is saying now, but you know when the time
comes that he is going to keep flying.

And he will blame it on someone else.

What does that tell you?

I plan on it- and I'd like to fly for as long as I can and want to- might be a semi-retirement in later years though- 4 out of 5 gummers are as safe as me- but not 20% - I simply disagree with FOs being tasked to evaluate captains abilities as they age-
No captains after age 60

Why not hire 65+ yip? Can you? Don't know if you're 121 or 135?

Why not 60+ in any case
They don't apply, that is the first part of the hiring process, we have interviewed guys in their 60's including 121 guys who booted out of their job by FAA. Even offered jobs to these guys, but after looking at our 24 on-call operation that said thanks but no thanks. Right now 6 of our 12 DA-20 Captains are over 60, and three are over 70. We have talked about recruiting through the (UFO) organization.

But I think the biggest fallacy is pointing figures at these pilots as somehow uniquely guilty of poor planning...

Well, they're uniquely guilty of trying to make others pay for their poor planning.

Had a 93 year old on the B-17 today. WWII Top turret gunner, still very sharp, told tales of his 7 missions in WWII. He flew the 8-17-43 Reagensburg Africa Shuttle mission and was shot down on the 9-6-43 Stuttgart Mission, spend 21 months as a POW. He said he was lucky the average crew was shot down after 6 missions, he got to seven before being shot down. I lucked out and made decent landing, he complemented me and said he had not seen too many like that. I am humbled to be in the presence of the WWII heros.

Last edited:
Well, they're uniquely guilty of trying to make others pay for their poor planning.

Or pay for their poor timing-

I'm not throwing stones- but a lot of them that all of a sudden need the extra time on the job, were the same ones with no backbone to keep off outsourcing or strong enough to fend off concessions-

F- em. Yip will hire them if they need- go there-

F- em. Yip will hire them if they need- go there-
Same as the younger ones when they are furloughed. Equal opportunity hirer, only trying to help out a brother in times of need.

Latest resources

Back