• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 60 informal poll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abolish the Age 60 Rule for other that Part 91 pilots?

• Yea

Votes: 668 35.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 1,214 64.5%

• Total voters
pilotyip said:
skye candy are you telling us the airline could run without the FAA mandated part 119 management?

Legally? No. In theory? Absolutely.

YEA! The "age 60 rule" was contrived of old and obsolete data and therefore should be revised. Furthermore, since pension plans are becoming a thing of the past with airlines, there needs to be a way to close the gap between the age at which one can receive SS payments and is forced to retire.

See looks like a couple of pilots with some impressive credentials are on board that 100K is a not something to be ignored as a poverty wage.

pilotyip said:
See looks like a couple of pilots with some impressive credentials are on board that 100K is a not something to be ignored as a poverty wage.

15 years..17 years...if it took that long what i see is good pilots flying for managers like you not paying what they are worth...

Capt Mark you give me way too much credit, I am just a score keeper, and clerk, ground school instructor, check airman, and all around pain in the butt to upper management, and a very lucky pilot to be where I am right now. But not as lucky as you getting hired at FedEx two years out of college.

pilotyip said:
Capt Mark you give me way too much credit, I am just a score keeper, and clerk, ground school instructor, check airman, and all around pain in the butt to upper management, and a very lucky pilot to be where I am right now. But not as lucky as you getting hired at FedEx two years out of college.

i guess we are both lucky..lets keep it that way...

pilotyip said:

a) nobody said it was a "poverty wage"... but it's not the Ritz, either!

b) who knows what anyone's credentials are - it's a message board!

How do you think most any professional with equivalent training/investment would react to having a 100K paycheck?

P.s.

pilotyip said:

I notice, in addition to all of these extra duties, you have in your profile some military a/c experience... must have been a lot easier to buy a home/plan for retirement with a pension check coming in!

Latest resources

Back