• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 60 informal poll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abolish the Age 60 Rule for other that Part 91 pilots?

• Yea

Votes: 668 35.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 1,214 64.5%

• Total voters
Reserve retirement, my son, reserve retirement, did not see a penny of it until two years ago. Still had to buy a house 9 years ago or pay 25 years of captial gains on 5 shouses I had owned. It is nice to have as I approach retirement, but it is available to almost anyone on this board who wants to go for it.

Last edited:
Capt Mark what am I out of touch with? The fact your are a FedEx Capt and I am a lowly non-sked freight dog at YIP? That I should not post what I see as orrect becasue my views have no valve when they are not in agreement with a Fed Ex Captain at the top of the food chain? Again what am I out of touch with?

skycandy I least I do not hide who I am with a cute profile with no real information about who you are.

Capt Mark you seem to be on a roll yourself, Out of touch with the younger generation, I was here first, the younger generation is out of touch with the guys who built this business

pilotyip said:
Again what am I out of touch with?

With the value of $100k in 2006 dollars, not to mention the true worth of your skills and experience as a professional pilot. You've been stuck at that horrible non-sked for so long that anything seems good. You've never made over $100k because USAJet refuses to pay a fair wage, so you decide that $100k is some magical number. You find flying easy after 30 years of it, so you go around saying that "you can even teach a monkey to fly." It's sad, really.

I determine the wage I am paid by my company is a fair wage, it is all they can afford. If they paid us more they may not be profitable, able to attract capital, and grow the business in a rapidly changing market. So my under $100K job is better than what I would face if the company failed. I have shopped over the past few years and no where could I make more than I make now. $100K jobs are tuff to come by, look at all the posts of those who also have never made that number. BTW I have never said you could teach a money to fly, I have said it is an easily acquired skill, anyone with a certain level of comprehension and desire can learn to fly an airplane. Check Asquared posts he agrees. BTW also it is 40 years

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back