• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 60 informal poll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abolish the Age 60 Rule for other that Part 91 pilots?

• Yea

Votes: 668 35.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 1,214 64.5%

• Total voters
Yea or Nay: The federal requirement for other than FAR part 91 operations mandatory retirement age of 60 years old should be abolished.

Abolish the Age 60 Rule for other than Part 91 pilots?

What's the problem? The thread-starter question (first, above) and the poll question (second) are nearly identical: Yea = abolish Age 60, Nay = leave as is.

And BTW, you should have stuck with Part 121 in your question. "Other than Part 91" would include Part 135 -- to which the Age 60 rule has never applied.

Anyway, I'm still AGIN' IT!

Last edited:
81Horse said:
Yea or Nay: The federal requirement for other than FAR part 91 operations mandatory retirement age of 60 years old should be abolished.

Abolish the Age 60 Rule for other than Part 91 pilots?

What's the problem? The thread-starter question (first, above) and the poll question (second) are nearly identical: Yea = abolish Age 60, Nay = leave as is.

And BTW, you should have stuck with Part 121 in your question. "Other than Part 91" would include Part 135 -- to which the Age 60 rule has never applied.

Anyway, I'm still AGIN' IT!

The poll question above must have been fixed. Read several pages back when the poll question was added to the thread and you'll see the complaints. It used to read opposite of the way it is now. As far as the other than part 91 versus abolish for part 121 is because people complained that the question was misleading. So abolish for part 121 is more accurate to say. It is the same question either way but pilot attorneys complained.

71KILO said:
The poll question above must have been fixed.

The poll question was fixed but now my vote was wrong! I voted correctly under the previous wording but the new wording reverses my vote and there's no way for me to change it.

We need to delete the poll and start it again with the updated wording.

LJ-ABX said:
The poll question was fixed but now my vote was wrong! I voted correctly under the previous wording but the new wording reverses my vote and there's no way for me to change it.

We need to delete the poll and start it again with the updated wording.

Just delete the poll question at the top of the thread. It was originally a bad question and was fixed after people voted which destroyed the integrity of the vote. The text thread vote is still good, so continue with written votes...

Last edited:
new numbers as of post #169:

106 Votes

48 YEA (16 mil/32 civ)
58 NAY (17 mil/41 civ)

55% say keep the 60 rule / 45% say abolish it

Even on mil and civ lean keep it as is.

Latest resources

Back